Friday, August 31, 2007
Jill and I are planning to take mom out tomorrow sometime for a little girls' day out...SHOPPING! Mom's 30+ year old refrigerator died two weeks ago, and she needs to get it replaced, she has just been putting it off. But, it will be good to get her out and do something to distract her and have a bit of fun. Aaron will go and stay with dad while we are out.
Thank you all for the continued prayers. We all appreciate them.
To my family back home...I miss you. I love you! Abbie & Andrew, be good for daddy!!
Blessings to each of you. Good night.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
It's Thursday...Thankful Thursday. I am thankful for many blessings, but right now my heart is heavy. My dad's health has taken a drastic turn for the worse this week. I'm scared, I'm sad, but I am trying to remember that God loves all of us, and He will see us through. I'm leaving my husband and two of my children today, so that my youngest and I can travel to Wichita to spend the weekend with my brother's family...and see my parents. I am thankful...
- that my schedule allows for this trip. That finances at the end of the month allow for this trip. That hubby is very encouraging of this trip, even though he can't take time off. That my brother is opening his home to me and Bethany. That the rest of my family in Wichita has offered to help with Bethany so I can be there for my mom and dad.
- I'm thankful that my mom has left the hospital and slept in her own bed for 3 nights in a row...one perk of having Dad in the SICU is that Mom is not allowed to stay.
- I'm thankful for my aunts and uncles and cousins in Wichita who have been there for my parents this week.
- I'm thankful that the doctors have narrowed down the infection so that they can give a very specific antibiotic to hopefully get rid of the staph infection in Dad's spine.
Now on to other thankfuls...
- I'm thankful for the 5 teens who spent the evening at our home last night. They are a wonderful group of "kids" who love God, and are becoming a very fun youth group. They are all very loving towards my kiddos. Watching all of them dance to the Wii dance game, was HILARIOUS!! Thanks, guys, for making me laugh. (If anyone puts the video of ME doing the dance on youtube...well, I know where you live!!!) :-)
- I'm thankful for our church family who has kept me and my family in constant prayer this week. The calls to 'just see how things are going' have been comforting, although I tend to cry every time someone asks...it's nice to know people care!
- I'm thankful for my childcare families. They have been so understanding, offering to take time off so that I can go to my family. It's such a blessing to work with such caring families.
- I'm thankful that H had a good day with me on Tuesday. He's getting used to spending time with me again, which will be really good once his mommy goes back to work after her maternity leave!
I'm thankful for many things...I pray that God will provide safe travel and returned health to my Dad. If you have a moment, please pray for him. If you want to know what's going on, you can read more of the story here and here.
Thank you, Iris, for hosting TT, and helping us to stop and remember the blessings God has given to us. If you would like to see what other's are thankful for, hop on over to Sting My Heart and see for yourself! :-)
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
Please keep my mom and dad in your prayers. Mom is very stressed out, understandable...and the most I can do is also the "least" I can do. I am 4 hours away, and can't leave at this point. Should I go? Should I call my childcare parents and have them come get their kids so I can go? Do I take my kids out of school (they have only gone 2 days) to drive to Wichita? I will continue to pray and try to support my mom from here...I'm just so torn.
Please pray for all of us. Thank you
*** UPDATE *** Well, not really. As of noon, they are still waiting for an OR. One of my aunts went and spent some time with my parents, but she had to go back to work and her own doctor's appt. Thank you for praying.
***UPDATE 3:30 pm *** Dad is out of surgery. The doctor was pleased with how the surgery went. He removed some bone and tissue where the inflammation was. He said it wasn't as bad of an abscess as he had expected. We are just waiting for dad to wake up to see if it helps him in feeling and moving his legs. Thanks again for your continued prayers.
***UPDATE 7:00 pm *** Dad woke up briefly, due to the pain killers he wasn't able to stay awake very long. While he was awake, he was able to wiggle his toes, so that is a very good sign. Hopefully by morning he will be able to show us what he's really able to do. Also, in the morning we expect preliminary results from the pathologist. My brother is trying to talk Mom into coming to his house for the night, she has been sleeping in the hospital with dad, and she's not supposed to stay in the SICU over night. Thank you for your prayers, and please continue! :-)
Friday, August 24, 2007
It's Friday...It's Friday...It's FRIDAY!!!! What a great day! I'm so excited to report that I have lost 2 more pounds...for a grand 3 week total of 7 pounds! I'm thrilled about it! I walked at least 1.75 miles 4 days this week. I was planning on taking Bethany for a walk outside today, but it's thundering, and rain at any moment...maybe it will clear up this afternoon. I have been drinking water, but not enough. I had a day or two where the sweets called my name, and I listened way too much.
I continued reading while walking, and was able to finish the book of Jeremiah. God' love and forgiveness are so wonderful...even though He had to punish the Israelites, He always brought them back to Himself.
This week I want to continue to walk. Continue to drink water...even more. I will try to avoid the sweets more. I am going to try to add some ab work to my morning routine. I am going to continue my Bible reading.
Go on over to Deedra's to see how everyone else is doing!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Thankful Thursday...What am I thankful for this week? Lots of things! For starters, I'm thankful
- that my children have started school, and seem to be having fun. Andrew is nervous about going to Kindergarten all day, which he does today for the first time...but I know he will have fun if he just lets himself!
- that Bethany's eye thing turned out to be nothing serious, and that it is healing already. If you don't know what's going on with her eye, see my previous posts here and here.
- that the doctors are continuing to try different means of controlling my father's pain. Medication can only do so much...and he is taking too much of it! Please pray for him if you get a chance.
- for the other pastors in the area, and their families. We had a pastor & family gathering on Monday evening. I only get to see these wonderful people a couple of times a year. It's so fun to get together and share what's going on in our lives with people who completely understand the unique position of a pastor and his wife (and kids). One of the pastors in our area is leaving, and my hubby will be helping out his congregation as their vacancy pastor until they decide what to do next (a very small congregation). Please pray for the pastor that is leaving, that God will direct his steps. Please pray for the congregation, that they will not loose heart, and that they will follow the Father's will. Please pray for my hubby, two churches is A LOT to take on. He has two funerals this week in our church alone, on top of the regular stuff. Please pray for endurance, courage, and discernment.
- that we have a roof over our head, AC that works (although it's ancient, it still runs), food on our table and in our fridge, cars that run, and many other blessings that I take for granted every single day.
- that the new principal at Abbie & Andrew's school seems to be a loving and concerned woman. Her daughter is in Abbie's class. She greets the kids as they get out of the car in the 'drop-off' lane. I hope to get to know her better!
- that Andrew didn't cry today when I dropped him and Abbie off...like I said, he's pretty nervous about this all-day thing.
- for cooler nights/mornings when we can open up the house and get some fresh air!
- that I have lost 7 pounds!! YIPPEE!!! I'm thankful for the Fit 4 Life Fridays Challenge. Check it out at Deedra's if you are curious!
- I've been reading the book of Jeremiah...I'm thankful that even though God punished the Israelites, He used that punishment to bring them back to Himself. Every time it was telling about a punishment (enslavement, banishment, death of the evil people) the section would end with "God will return you to your land" (or something like that....God always restores us to Himself...Praise Him!)
This is just a short list of my thankfuls for today...I think I could go on and on! :-) God has so blessed me, I love making myself take the time to think about the blessings. Thanks Iris for encouraging our hearts! Check out Iris's site for more Thankful Thursday listings!
Blessings to all-Andie
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
I love you my children. You are three of the most precious blessings God has given to me! Thank you for loving me back, and being patient with me...I'm still learning about this "mommy" thing! :-)
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Monday, August 20, 2007
If you look at the pics from Wichita, you can see a bit of it. Just a little redness on her left eyelid. You couldn't really see the lump until she closed her eye...but now she can't open her eye fully because this 'thing' is in the way.
So...please keep my little one in your prayers. Pray that the docs can decide what to do, and when to do it. Pray that God will give us all courage and strength.
Blessings, and thanks for the prayers-
Friday, August 17, 2007
Ok...I know it's not Thursday, I'm a little slow on the get-go this week. I'm really trying to get back into the routine of things, but it's taking a bit. Forgive my tardiness...but I could not let a week go by without sharing what the Lord has blessed me with this week.
- ELLA LYN FRANK...H's little sister was born yesterday! She's a beautiful 8 pound baby girl. Mommy and daughter are doing wonderfully! Yesterday must have been BABY DAY in this town...my neighbor (2 doors down) had twin girls yesterday, also. Tressa and Reese are a few weeks early, but still a healthy 5 pounds each! I'm so thankful the Lord brought these girls to their families safe and sound.
- My dad is out of the "big" hospital, he's now gaining strength at the Rehabilitation hospital in his town. They make him work really hard, so he's in more pain...but it's all for his good. They are helping him regain strength that he lost during his month long injury. Hopefully he'll be there two to three weeks, and then be able to return home.
- I'm thankful for my children's teachers for this school year. Abbigail's teacher, Mrs. Williams, I don't know...but have heard that she's wonderful! I can't wait to meet her! Andrew will have Mrs. Baker who I know to be a wonderfully caring and loving teacher. I can't wait to see him blossom into a reader! He read something on the TV yesterday that just blew my mind. I didn't know he knew how to read "Curious George"...and it wasn't an advertisement, it was the menu listing, so there were no clues from pictures or fonts...WOW!!! Bethany will have Mrs. Pruit for 3 year-old preschool. Mrs. Pruit has two daughters, one in Abbigail's grade. So I know her. They will all have a wonderful year! I pray God gives these women patience, love, creativity, and strength to lead the children this year. I pray God gives them fulfillment in their careers and joy!
- I'm thankful that R & L (my two new childcare children) have adjusted so wonderfully! L cries for about 10 seconds when his mommy leaves, and that's it! They play nicely, and give me hugs. Their mom and dad are wonderful Christian parents who teach their children Godly virtues. Thank You, God for bringing this family to me.
- I'm thankful for the Fit 4 Life challenge (I'll post for that next!) I feel better, and am proud of myself!
- I'm thankful for my loving husband. He loves all of us, and even gives the kiddos I watch love. He's so wonderful with children!
- I'm thankful that my children are doing well with the transition of having more children in our home again. It's hard to share not only your home, but your toys and your mommy as well. They have had tough moments this week, but they are doing great! I'm so proud of them.
- I'm thankful that the triple digit temps are gone for now. I never thought of 96 as a "cool" high...but after 10 days of 105, 96 sounds almost frigid! :-)
- I'm so thankful for God's faithfulness and love. I've been reading the book of Jeremiah. God's people were rebellious and forgot all the wonderful things He had done for them. However, He was faithful to them. He punished them (as a loving parent punishes his or her children...to bring them back to safety and love). But He always came to their rescue. I am thankful that He loves me and promises NEVER to leave me. No matter how many times I loose my way, or don't follow Him. He always brings me back to Himself with loving tenderness, and forgives my mistakes and give me a new start. Thank You, Father for your faithfulness, love, and forgiveness.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
The computer trouble started on Friday evening when dear hubby decided to try something called "Freespire." Here's a tip, if anyone suggests you try putting it on your computer...tell them to "get behind me Satan!" Apparently it's a decent enough program in the place of windows...but not WITH Windows. It totally messed up our boot menu and the entire computer was inaccessible! EVERYTHING!!!! Somehow hubby was able to boot in Linux, and save most of our data and pictures. THANK YOU!!!!! I wasn't even able to get back on the puter until Monday for a bit. Everything seems to be here, except my favorites list from Explorer. So...all of my blog lists, are GONE!!! I'm going crazy! So, if I usually leave comments on your blogs and haven't this week, it's not that I don't love you, I just can't find you!!! Please leave me a comment so that I can find you again. I've done some internet searches and found some, but can't find others! PLEASE HELP ME!!!! :0)
Yesterday was the CRAZY day with kids. I ended up having 7 kiddos. Yes, that's over my max number, so Warren took the day off to stay home with us. R & L (two of my newcomers) have adjusted so well. L cried for about 10 seconds when mom leaves, then plays nicely the rest of the day. R & Bethany are playing well together for the most part. They have little tiffs once in a while, but for the most part are totally enjoying each other! I also took care of B, a friend of Andrew's from preschool while his mom also attended the inservice. H also came. He is the one having problems. H was so used to coming here last school year. He enjoyed it, and we loved each other. This summer he has been with his mom 24/7. He hasn't spent his Mondays with Grandma like he does during the school year, and he hasn't spent time with me. He really enjoyed his summer with mom! He is really sure that he loved it so much that he doesn't want school to start, and he DOESN'T want to be here with us. He cried for a while, and then started playing. But every once in a while he would just loose it! He would grab his shoes and diaper bag and try to leave. It was a pretty rough day. His dad came during his lunch hour to check on him, and that was one of the times he was just SOBBING. So dad got him to settle down, eat some lunch, and go to sleep. After H was asleep, dad was able to sneak out and go back to work. H woke up about 45 minutes before mom was coming back. H would only settle down if I was holding him, but not in the living room. He wanted to watch the movie the older kids were watching, but he didn't want to be in the room, he wanted me standing in the doorway. H is a sweetie...but he has grown SOO much this summer. He is 18 months old, and only about 1 inch shorter than Bethany, and he is so much more heavy! His mom is due to have a baby ANY day (her due date was last Saturday...she's about to pop!). I told his mom that we've got to get him used to being here before he and the baby are here together. I would not be able to handle him and a newborn. I love this little guy and I feel so bad for him. Hopefully we can have him here a few times a week from now till Mom goes back to work when the baby is born and get him used to us again, so that it won't be so hard when I have him and the baby. Prayers and suggestions are more than welcome!!!
Now to the itchy arm. When I came back from Wichita a few weeks ago, I got an itchy bump on the inside of my elbow. It got a little bigger. I thought it was poison ivy. I put anti-itch cream on it, and it seemed to be getting better. Sunday it was almost gone. Monday was even better. Well, yesterday I woke up and now there is a huge red circle, a little raised, but not the blister type stuff it used to be. I'm wondering if I am not allergic to the itch cream??? I tried putting the cream on it yesterday, and it just BURNED!! It itches so bad, but I don't know what to do for it!!! Any suggestions for this???? :o) Boy, I'm just open for any type of help today!!! :o)
Right before the computer crash, I downloaded a bunch of pictures. I will try to get them posted this afternoon during naptime!
Thanks for letting me rant, but I guess it is MY blog, and if you don't want to read it you don't have to ! If you made it to the end of this post...CONGRATS!!!!
Friday, August 10, 2007
What a week! I did "pretty" well on my goals, but not perfect. I spent a lot of time with my kids, doing lots of fun things. I took them swimming 4 times! I walked on my treadmill 2 times for a total of 3.5 miles. I watched what I ate and drank a lot of water. I had "quiet" time 5 days this week. I have now read most of Isaiah. I did the best on the days I had to get up for something...routines really help me. I know that I will get better as school starts.
For a first week, I think I did pretty well! I'm VERY PROUD to announce...I lost 4 pounds!!!!! :-) I've got a long way to go, but I'm so excited, it's a start!!!!
My goals this week are pretty much the same. More walking, more time with the kids/family, watch what I eat, drink LOTS of water.
So, how did the rest of you do?? If you want to join in this challenge, just hop on over to NspiredByFaith and join in!
Thursday, August 9, 2007
YIPPEE!!! It's Thankful Thursday. So much to be thankful for! Here goes...I'm thankful for...
- A busy, but fun week. Have you noticed I haven't had much time this week for blogging. Not only have I been limiting my time as a part of my Fit 4 Life Challenge, I have just been too busy! The kiddos and I went to the HUGE pool in Garden City on Tuesday. It's so big they have life guard stations in the middle of the pool. The life guards have to swim/wade to the chair. There is also a kiddie section with a little slide, fountains, and fun lily pad type things to climb on. We had a blast, but I forgot my camera!
- My new childcare families. I had all the kiddos here yesterday while the moms had an in service. It's going to be crazy, but fun. While Abbigail and Andrew are in school, I will have Bethany (my dd, 3 yo), R (girl, 3 yo), L (boy 1 yo), H (boy, 1yo) and H's baby brother or sister (to be born any day now!) I always wanted twins, now through my childcare, I will have two sets of "virtual" twins! :-) It's going to be so much fun!!!
- That my dad is still in the hospital where he can receive the care he needs. He is so weak. He has been given a spinal block to block the pain in his back. But being bed ridden for almost a month has zapped almost all of his strength. He is now getting some physical therapy to hopefully gain strength so he can be moved to a rehabilitation hospital, for more strength training. Please pray for my parents patience and courage in the face of this difficult and draining time.
- That while the predator on the loose in my town has not been caught, he has not harmed anyone...just property. A family in our church was broken into yesterday, but no one was home (Thank You, God). The teenage son had just left for band practice, and 15 minutes later the 13 yo daughter came home with some children she was babysitting...and her house was a wreck. She was able to call the children's father who came to her rescue, and then called the police. The police might be able to get fingerprints off the doorknob. Her parents were both out of town for the day. Thank You, God for protecting the family!!! Stuff (like windows) can be replaced, but Krista and Aaron cannot!!!
- For Air conditioning. The high this week is at least 100 every day...THANK YOU GOD FOR AC!!!!
- For a FUN evening last night. Hubby, the kiddos and I, all got on our swimming suits and went outside for fun! We stayed cool and had a blast...again, camera was inside...I guess it was safer that way, it surely would have been soaked!!!
- For my kiddos. They fight and argue, but they really do love each other. We have a lot of fun together. They are truly my 3 blessings!
- For my hubby, who is home from his trip!!!! He had a great time, but is still exhausted a week later. 9 days with teenagers will do that to a person!!! :-) He loves me no matter what and takes good care of us.
- For God's never ending love and grace. He is so wonderful!!! Where would I be without Him...NOWHERE! He gives me strength I need daily. He forgives me every time. He loves me unconditionally, not because of something I have done, but because He created me, and loves me!
Well, that's a list of some of the things I am thankful for today. Hop on over to Iris's to see what others are thankful for today! :-)
Monday, August 6, 2007
What do these COOL things look like??? Well, here are a few pictures of the items I have made. If you are interested in ordering any of them...please feel free to leave me a comment...with your email addy and I'll get back with you. I don't have a very large inventory, most of my work is custom. So, if you want ladybugs, I find ladybug fabric. If you want black (great for a sling!!), you get black. Anything that you want...and I can find. If you have a favorite fabric that I do not have access to, you can mail it to me. I will make the item you want, and mail it back to you!
Here are some pics of a few of the slings I have made. The first one is of a friend and her little girl who was born very premature...but is so wonderfully healthy now!!!
The second is of me and Bethany when she was littler. She loved this hold, but still prefers to snuggle in the front. The third is
another use for the sling. It can be used to keep a wandering toddler close, and safe. I have a few other uses in my instructional pamphlet that comes with each sling.
I also make "child slings" the big sister can "sling" her dolls and be just like mom. My son Andrew has his own sling for his baby, and animals!
And last, but not least a picture of Bethany in her very first shopping cart cover! Boy has she grown!!!!
Saturday, August 4, 2007
(How do I like it? I love it...it's so much easier to pull back now, and even when I leave it down it doesn't get in the way like it used to when it was really long!)
Friday, August 3, 2007
I've become upset with myself for stopping the walking that I had gotten into the habit of doing during the school year. I also have been skimping on my "quiet time." Eating foods that are good for me...not nearly often as yummy as ice cream! Ok, so now is the time to do something about it!!!!
I will be posting every Friday about my progress during the week. Hopefully there will be a weight loss to report. I will report how often I have walked or worked out. I will also post about my goals for the week.
My hubby is also trying to loose some of the weight he's gained by going back on the low carb diet. Four summers ago we both tried to be healthier in this way, and I lost 30 pounds, and he lost about 40...but he kept loosing weight after I became pregnant with Bethany...so that wasn't fair! Now, we're both getting back on the ball. We want to be good examples of a healthy lifestyle for our children.
My goals for this week are:
- Watch what I eat. Slim-Fast is a great breakfast, and fruit for snacks. LOTS of water, and sweets only once in a while (NOT DAILY!!)
- Walk (or someother type of workout) at least 5 days. Walking at least 1 mile, possibly more.
- Make sure I make my "quiet time" a priority. Even though that means getting up earlier. School starts in less than 3 weeks. My child-care children will start joining me for certain days this week (all the kids I watch have mommy teachers!). So, I guess it's time to start getting back in that routine.
- Limit computer time. I love blogging, and reading others' blogs, but it's really a time stealer. I'm going to start only letting myself have 15 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes during nap. Like #3 said, school starts soon...I want to give myself to my kids this week, not the puter!!!
Ok, so there are my goals...now let's get down to business!
Thursday, August 2, 2007
It's Thursday...my FAVORITE DAY....especially this week! My biggest and best thankful for today is HUBBY IS COMING HOME TODAY!!! He's been gone for about 9 days and I (and the kiddos) miss him SOOO much!
Here are some of the other things I am thankful for this week:
- God's protection, it's been a scary week around here, but we are safe. There have been a number of break-ins in our town (I mentioned it last week), and they continue. A house just kitty-corner from me was broken into yesterday. I didn't sleep much last night. But I had a golf club in bed with me and the phone under my pillow, and the house locked up tighter than Ft. Knox. However, I know that the club, phone, and locks are not what kept me safe...it was God. Thank you God!
- For friends that love me and understand my feelings. One friend invited the kiddos and I to spend the night last night at her home because she knew I would be worried home alone. I declined, but looking back, it would have been fun! And I probably would have slept more!
- That Hubby and the kids were safe and had a great time at the National Youth Gathering. Hubby got to see friends from college, camp, and seminary days. What a blessing! I so wish I could have seen them, too! Hopefully he got email addresses!!!!
- That God chose ME to be one of His children. That He loves me enough to die for MY sins. That even if I were the only sinner on earth, He would have went to the cross...for ME! Thank You, JESUS!
- That my dad is finally in the hospital where he can get adequate pain management, and hopefully they will find out what is wrong with his back.
- I am thankful for the life of Evelyn. A friend of my mom's who was known for doing good deeds and loving EVERYONE. Apparently she did a good thing, for the wrong person this week, and was murdered. A very sad thing...but we have HOPE!! She knew her Saviour. She knew Jesus loved her and died for her. She knew she was forgiven, and where she will spend eternity. She was a very giving person and is now praising God with all the heavenly hosts. Thank You, God for her example of selfless, giving love. Please give her friends and family comfort, peace, and hope at this difficult time.
- For my pillow, I'm going to try to get in a nap before hubby gets home. This girlie can't make it on the 3-4 hours of sleep I got last night.
- That Hubby is on the ground! He just called and they are leaving the airport, and driving home...the airport is 4 hours away (yes, we live in the middle of NOWHERE!)
- That the kids and I had a great time visiting my family in Wichita. My dad was in pain, and didn't get out of bed...but we still enjoyed spending time with him. The kiddos loved playing with their cousins, Ella & Ava...and I enjoyed spending time with my mom, dad, brother, and great sis-in-law. We even went to visit my grandparents in the nursing home. Grandpa was pretty tired, but Grandma was unusually aware. It was a good day!
I could go on and on, but if I want to get in a nap, I have stuff to do to get ready for hubby's homecoming!
Blessings to all on the week ahead!
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
On the way home I found out that the doctor decided that dad could have better pain management at the hospital, and have the tests run there...so...Dad's in the hospital AGAIN! Hopefully they will find out what's going on so he can get back on the road to recovery. He's been in bed for about 3 weeks now...he's lost so much strength. It will take a lot to get him back on track. Prayers for his health, pain management, and patience...not to mention Mom's as well...are appreciated.
On the home-front...the break-ins in my town have continued. And on a lovely note, the person breaking in isn't in it for the money. He's terrorizing women home alone who leave their doors unlocked. So...my house is locked up as tight as Ft. Knox right now. I can't wait till hubby comes home! Prayers for sanity and safety are appreciated.
The gathering in Florida ended this morning, but hubby's flight does not leave until the middle of the night tonight. Then he has to drive home from Denver. So, prayers for safe travel are also appreciated.
I'll try to get my pictures downloaded from the trip this afternoon so you can see all the fun we had with the cousins in Wichita!