Ok...I know it's not Thursday, I'm a little slow on the get-go this week. I'm really trying to get back into the routine of things, but it's taking a bit. Forgive my tardiness...but I could not let a week go by without sharing what the Lord has blessed me with this week.
- ELLA LYN FRANK...H's little sister was born yesterday! She's a beautiful 8 pound baby girl. Mommy and daughter are doing wonderfully! Yesterday must have been BABY DAY in this town...my neighbor (2 doors down) had twin girls yesterday, also. Tressa and Reese are a few weeks early, but still a healthy 5 pounds each! I'm so thankful the Lord brought these girls to their families safe and sound.
- My dad is out of the "big" hospital, he's now gaining strength at the Rehabilitation hospital in his town. They make him work really hard, so he's in more pain...but it's all for his good. They are helping him regain strength that he lost during his month long injury. Hopefully he'll be there two to three weeks, and then be able to return home.
- I'm thankful for my children's teachers for this school year. Abbigail's teacher, Mrs. Williams, I don't know...but have heard that she's wonderful! I can't wait to meet her! Andrew will have Mrs. Baker who I know to be a wonderfully caring and loving teacher. I can't wait to see him blossom into a reader! He read something on the TV yesterday that just blew my mind. I didn't know he knew how to read "Curious George"...and it wasn't an advertisement, it was the menu listing, so there were no clues from pictures or fonts...WOW!!! Bethany will have Mrs. Pruit for 3 year-old preschool. Mrs. Pruit has two daughters, one in Abbigail's grade. So I know her. They will all have a wonderful year! I pray God gives these women patience, love, creativity, and strength to lead the children this year. I pray God gives them fulfillment in their careers and joy!
- I'm thankful that R & L (my two new childcare children) have adjusted so wonderfully! L cries for about 10 seconds when his mommy leaves, and that's it! They play nicely, and give me hugs. Their mom and dad are wonderful Christian parents who teach their children Godly virtues. Thank You, God for bringing this family to me.
- I'm thankful for the Fit 4 Life challenge (I'll post for that next!) I feel better, and am proud of myself!
- I'm thankful for my loving husband. He loves all of us, and even gives the kiddos I watch love. He's so wonderful with children!
- I'm thankful that my children are doing well with the transition of having more children in our home again. It's hard to share not only your home, but your toys and your mommy as well. They have had tough moments this week, but they are doing great! I'm so proud of them.
- I'm thankful that the triple digit temps are gone for now. I never thought of 96 as a "cool" high...but after 10 days of 105, 96 sounds almost frigid! :-)
- I'm so thankful for God's faithfulness and love. I've been reading the book of Jeremiah. God's people were rebellious and forgot all the wonderful things He had done for them. However, He was faithful to them. He punished them (as a loving parent punishes his or her children...to bring them back to safety and love). But He always came to their rescue. I am thankful that He loves me and promises NEVER to leave me. No matter how many times I loose my way, or don't follow Him. He always brings me back to Himself with loving tenderness, and forgives my mistakes and give me a new start. Thank You, Father for your faithfulness, love, and forgiveness.