Monday, July 30, 2007
All in all it's been a good time...just one thing is missing...my hubby, their daddy. We've talked to him a number of times. He's been busy, had fun, and has very sore feet. Lots of blisters I guess....poor guy! These gatherings require LOTS of walking, and I guess his feet just weren't ready. My parents and I have been able to watch the "Mass Events" with live online streaming (which is AWESOME!!) It was fun to be able to talk to him about some of the presenters and artists. There was this one guy who was working on a lighted table, we saw a top view. He was spreading sand on this table, making AWESOME pictures! I'll try to find his name and put a link on here, it was completely awesome. He would finish a great picture, then sprinkle a little more sand and make a completely new picture. WOW, now that's talent!
The gathering's theme is "Chosen." And there are three "subthemes" and they are: "Chosen in Christ" "Chosen to the World" and "Chosen with others" I can't wait to hear more about it. Another perk of these gatherings is seeing old friends. Warren and I both attended Lutheran universities (Seward ROCKS) and worked at Lutheran Island Camp. We have so many friends from college, camp, and seminary spread around the country...and a few around the world. He's run into so many of our old friends, I'm really jealous about that! So, if you are one of those friends we haven't seen in years...HI!!! Leave me a comment, so I can get in contact with you!
Oh, and on the topic of leaving comments...PLEASE DO! I've seen a bunch of my family this week, and they've all said that they read my blog daily (I don't make new posts every day!) but only one or two of them have ever left comments. Come on people...just leave me a note that says "I was here....(your name here!!)" You can click anonymous, you don't' have to register, just leave your name in the comment! THANKS!!! I just want to know that someone is reading! :-)
Ok, time for bed. I've got a long drive tomorrow, guess I'd better get some sleep. Nighty night! Sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite, and if they do, take your shoe, and beat them till they're black and blue. (Hubby's add on! :o))
Friday, July 27, 2007
Thank you all for entering!! Again, if anyone would still like a shopping cart cover or sling, leave me a comment and we'll work something out!!!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
OKOKOK...I know it's not quite Thursday, YET, but I have a lot to be thankful for! Here goes: I'm thankful:
- Hubby and the youth made it safely to Orlando!
- My head feels tons lighter! Look here to find out why.
- My buddy Jacque (and her family) have sold their home, purchased a new one, and are moving as I type...yes, even late Wed evening! They are so excited about their "new" home, and I am, too!
- My parents are welcoming the kiddos and I to come visit for a few days.
- My dad seems to be feeling a bit better than last week! Slow but steady wins the race!!
- My washing machine...it seems to be running quite often, I'm so thankful that I have one here at home and don't have to lug things to the laundry mat.
- My kiddos love me, even when I loose my patience with them.
- That each of my children have a tender heart, and love unconditionally.
- That Hubby is such a great daddy (and husband!)...we all miss him terribly and he hasn't even been gone for 24 hours!
- That God listens to prayers, even rambling ones from a woman home alone, and a bit nervous. (I hate being home alone with the kids at night...especially now, there have been some break-ins in our town...God, please keep us safe!)
- For my silly cat...he's just such a goof! He makes me smile!
- For forgiveness. I'm so thankful that Jesus died on the cross and gives me complete forgiveness whenever I don't follow Him. I would be completely hopeless without Him!
Well, that's a bit of what I'm thankful for right now...Oh, add a comfy bed to that list...I'm going to go hop in there soon! I pray God blesses each and every one of you in your journey to serve Him!
Just in case you haven't heard about the Dog Days of Summer Bloggy Giveaway happening over at Rocks in my Dryer....go check it out! Over 400 giveaways that mostly end tomorrow (Friday). Also, check out my giveaway here.
Monday, July 23, 2007
It's giveaway time!! This is my first online giveaway! Here's what I'm going to do...I'm going to give away two items.
Give away number one is a baby sling. It is a ring-sling and the fabric is a cheerful flower pattern. It has a pocket in the tail that is perfect for your keys or a binky. Ring slings are ideal for babies from birth to 35 pounds. My 3 year old still asks to be worn in the sling! I have complete instructions for the novice sling-wearer...and would be happy to provide advice and guidance to these awesome products! (No, this picture is not of me...it is a friend, and her daughter Hope, who became a sling-wearer after seeing how much Bethany loved her sling!)
Give away number two is a shopping cart cover. This is a soft cushy seat to put in the shopping cart to keep all the icky germies away from your precious baby! It folds into it's own pouch when not in use, and the pouch becomes a handy pocket hanging from the back when the seat is in the cart (I usually throw my purse and keys in the pocket when shopping. The fabric is a black background with purples, blues, and greens on it. It also has a seat belt that you can link through the shopping cart to keep your little one seated in safety! (This is my little Bethany...a few years ago! She was so little back then! But she still uses the cart cover!)
To be entered in the drawings, leave a single comment (duplicates will be deleted) below. You must provide a valid e-mail address, but you do not have to have a blog. Since these items a light, but bulky, only US citizens may enter. I'll close comments at 12:01 a.m. this coming Friday morning, July 27, and I'll draw two random winners from the list. I'll announce the winner sometime on Friday. So get your entries in! If you would prefer one over the other, just make that part of your entry and I will try to honor your request. If I can't find your blog (you don't have to be a blogger) through your comment, please make sure you leave your email addy so I can find you if you win!
Both of these items were hand-made, by me. I do make them to sell, but these are for a contest, and completely free. If you don't win, and would still like one of these items...just add a comment after the contest and we can get you all set up!
For more contests, head over to Rocks-in-my-Dryer to see what other great things are being given away!
Blessings to each of you!-Andie
*** UPDATE****Please make sure I can get to your blog from your entry. Many entries don't have a profile, or a blog linked to their profile. Some even have a locked profile. If I can't get to your blog or your email, I will draw a new winner! Sorry, but I can't spend a week trying to trackdown a winner! Good luck to all!!!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Thankful Thursday...what a week to be thankful! Warning...my list may be long. I'm thankful...
- that my parents were in no danger from the explosion in their town.
- that they were not evacuated.
- that EMS was still able to come and help get my dad to the hospital with his hurting back.
- that the back problem turned out to be just muscular, and not skeletal.
- that they are safe at home with some great pain killers and muscle relaxers for dad.
- that my hubby is so sweet!
- that VBS has gone wonderfully, 38 children have heard about Jesus as the Way, the Truth, and the Life. 38 is awesome considering we have usually around 10 in Sunday School!
- that VBS is almost over! (It's a great week, but exhausting!)
- that we have clothes on our backs (and in our closets), food in the pantry & refrigerator, a home to shelter us, comfy beds to sleep on, cars to get us to and fro, gas to go in those cars, and so much more than we need.
- that I have great friends who help me get ready for VBS. I couldn't get ready every day without you Stephanie & Shannon! Thanks girls!!!
- that the forecast is calling for a chance of rain, we need it!
- that my cat is finally showing some kindness towards my children. (He was my baby for 3 years before we had Abbigail...it's taken 7 years for him to get over it! :o))
- that I have a bit of a break this afternoon...I think I'm going to go lay down on some ice and see if I can get my back to loosen up!
- that God shows me His mercies new every morning, noon, and night...I need them CONSTANTLY!
- that God has given me so many gifts, and continues to bless me.
- that my birthday is Saturday, I know I will at least get out of cooking one meal that day!
- that my parents are not going out of town like planned next week, so the kiddos and I are going to go see them!
- that Abbigail has an eye doctor appointment on Monday, hopefully this is the cause of her headaches.
- that Andrew has learned how to whistle...really, I'm thankful....at least I'm trying to be ;o)
- that Bethany is so darn cute...with her attitude sometimes it's a good thing! I love how she says "drink" She says "wink" instead...how cute!!! I love it when she starts singing praise songs out of the blue (her version of course!)
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Dad was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon after deciding that his back pain was entirely muscle related, not spine. They gave him megga doses of pain meds, and he felt much better. Mom and dad stayed in a hotel last night...just in case the winds shifted and they would have to evacuate. They didn't think they should deal with anything else...they had enough to deal with. I'm assuming they will be going home later today. My cousin and her family were staying in the same hotel.
Thank you all for your prayers. I'm so thankful to know that they are safe and doing ok. Mom and Dad have decided that they should not travel to Florida next week for the National Youth Gathering...they haven't missed one as long as I can remember. This will be hard for them! But (don't tell them! :o)) I'm glad! Hubby is going with our youth group...and now I have someone to go visit! :o)
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Isn't this puppy cute??? He's the newest "thing" from Rocks in My Dryer (you know, the Works for me Wednesday place!) She's organizing all her bloggy buddies into doing a big giveaway. The give aways start on Monday, July 23...and the drawings are on Friday, July 27. I've been thinking about doing a giveaway here on my blog to see if more people would leave comments...so here I go with my first giveaway! I plan to give away either a baby sling that I have made, or a shopping cart cover that I made. I make both to sell...but would be happy to give one away. So...which do you think I should give? Leave a comment and tell me which one you think should be "my giveaway prize!" Then, don't forget to come back on Monday to register for the giveaway!
(Still waiting for word on Dad...just reading the blogs to keep my mind busy!)
I called my brother to check and find out what was going on. He was sitting on a little road behind my parents' house watching the fire. While I was talking to him he saw a few large fire balls, something else in the plant was exploding. The new foam has not yet arrived.
Thanks for your continued prayers.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
I'm so glad to be home!! That's my first thankful! I'm thankful for a safe trip to ND. I'm thankful for a great, fun week with family. I'm thankful that Andrew and Braden (his cousin who is just 7 months older than he is) had so much fun! I'm thankful that Bethany didn't smother Addison (the 3 month old baby cousin...Bethany was SOOO in love!). I'm thankful for a wonderful brother & sister-in-law who open up their basement and let us stay with them.
I'm thankful that VBS is only a few days away. I'm thankful for all the volunteers who are helping. I'm thankful for the parents and children who will come and learn about Jesus. I am thankful that God has given me endurance to get this far...please carry me the rest of the way!!
I'm thankful for my kiddos...even on rough days, they still love me! I'm SOOO thankful for my husband. He is so wonderful! He loves me, respects me, protects me, yet lets me fly (and fall) without trying to control me. Thanks babe!
There are so many more things that I am thankful for....but I have VBS stuff to do!!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Blessings to all...I've missed you! I have SOO much blogging to get caught up on, I can't believe you all went on with your lives while I was gone! :-)