Tuesday, November 27, 2007
We made our trip to North Dakota without a hitch. Drove through the night on the way up (I drove from 10:30 pm to 5:30 am with only one gas/restroom break around 3:30ish). The family in ND are all good, the nieces and nephews are all growing so fast! Little Addison gave Warren and I a first...this baby (8 months old) LOVES Warren, but hates me! I've never had a baby hate me before, I tried not to take it personally! Whenever I would try to hold her she would cry. But if Warren held her she laughed. If she was playing on the floor and Warren left the room, she cried...but when he returned she laughed! Go figure! I know I love the guy, but sheesh! Nick will be in the Middle East sometime next week, he went back to his post for final preparations. I'm sure his wife (not to mention the rest of the family) will miss him ALOT! There is a chance he will get leave again this summer...we're all hoping for that. Meanwhile, prayers for his continued safety are greatly appreciated.
Upon returning from ND, we had to get ready for Thanksgiving. Every year our church hosts a big Thanksgiving feast for the community. Each year we serve somewhere between 100-250. It is a free meal for anyone who wishes to attend. We even do deliveries to people who are home-bound. We also deliver meals to the county jail for the prisoners and the guards on duty (this year there were a record of 8 prisoners...we live in a very small community!). All the donations that are received for the meal are then given to the "Bread Basket."
Of course after Thanksgiving dinner was eaten and cleaned up...it was time to prepare for Black Friday!! This crazy day is one of Warren and my favorite! We LOVE getting up early and going to do our Christmas shopping all by ourselves. Finding all the great bargains, getting the perfect gifts for the kids...so much fun! Usually my parents come to stay for Thanksgiving (so they stay with the kiddos), but this year they could not...Dad is doing much better, he's at the rehab hospital now. They are working him pretty hard, making sure he gets a little stronger each day! Since we didn't have our 'built-in-babysitters, we made other arrangements. Two of our good friends/babysitters spent the night with us on Thursday so that way we could leave the kiddos all sleeping and go do our shopping!! We left the house at 3:30 am...YAWN! But we got pretty much everything we set out to get, and we had a great time doing it! We were home by 10:30 (yes, AM)...and ready for a nap! That afternoon the kiddos played on the Xbox and I laid on the couch pretty much unconscious!!!
I'm still getting ready for the big Christmas program, so much to do!!! I hope the kiddos are all working on their lines!! We get together tomorrow to run lines one more time, and then on Saturday we film some of it and take a bunch of pictures. It's going to be a lot of work, but fun! The night of the program will be a bunch of recitations about all that Jesus is, and the filmed parts will add so much to it. I'm so thankful that I have such a techy hubby!! Sometimes it drives me CRAZY, but I wouldn't be able to do this cool program without him!
Ok, not so quick, but this is what I've been up to...like I said, I'll try to post pics from Andrew's birthday and the trip to ND soon.
Thanks for worrying about me...but I am alive (for now!)
Christmas blessings to you all-
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
First of all...yes, I know today is only Wednesday, but I know that tomorrow will be CRAZY, and I want to take time to make this Thankful post...so here it is!!
- I am SOOOO thankful that my dad will be moving to the Rehabilitation hospital this week. He has made so much progress. In case don't remember all that's happened with him, here's the shortened story. In January he was put in the hospital with what turned out to be necratizing fascieitus (don't ask me to spell it correctly!! It's the flesh eating bacteria) and had surgery to remove a lot of the tissue on his left leg. He was still healing from this surgery and learning to use his leg again, when in July his back started hurting. It turned out to be a staph infection on his spine. After surgery to remove the infection, he was unable to move his legs for a few weeks! He is again able to move his legs and sit up. He is working on gaining strength each day, and the rehab hospital will help him regain as much use of his legs as possible. Thank You, God for helping him to recover...and bringing strength back to his body.
- I'm am thankful for my son, Andrew. Andrew turns 6 years old today (Thursday). I can't believe my big baby boy is THIS old! (He was a BIG baby...9 pounds 2 oz.!!!) He's such a tenderhearted and loving little man. I pray that God continues to mold his heart and help him control his temper. Thank You, God, for the gift of my son. My son! I still get choked up when I say that...I have a son! Thank You God for giving him to me to help raise him. Please help my hubby and I be the best parents we can be for Andrew, and his sisters.
Nov. 15, 2001
- I'm thankful that we get to make a quick trip to visit our far away family. We are making a 15 hour drive to see Warren's little brother who is in the army and will be deployed to the Middle East in a few weeks. Please pray for Nick's safety, and our safety as we travel.
- I'm thankful that the weather is getting cooler...didn't seem right that it was the middle of November and we were outside in shorts! Don't get me wrong...I loved the warm weather, but it just didn't seem right! :-)
- I'm thankful that my hubby still loves me and finds me attractive after 11 years together, and three kiddos. My body is no where near perfect, but he loves me anyway!
- I'm thankful for so many blessings that God gives me each and every day...fresh air, clean water, a warm home, a comfy bed, vehicles that run, opportunities to serve Him, love from many people, grace and forgiveness when I don't follow Him, and of course His unconditional love!
Nov. 13, 2007
May God bless each of you this week in your thankfulness, and especially next week for Thanksgiving...remember that the most wonderful thing to give thanks for is God Himself!!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
The 'new' bed is a bunk bed with a futon on the bottom. We are planning on getting another set of the bedding to go on the bottom for when we have company, and just so it matches a bit better even when it's a couch...I will lay the bedspread on it when it is folded up to hide the current cover that doesn't match too well!
Friday, November 9, 2007
I just talked to my mom and she had great news!!! Dad will probably be going to the rehabilitation hospital next week. He has gained a lot of strength, and his back pain has decreased. His sed (??) rate has also been going down steadily, which means the infection is leaving his body. If the sed rate is lower on Monday, they will start planning the move. He will be able to go to oral antibiotics for the rehab hospital. He has been on the super high-powered IV antibiotics since they found all the staph infection and everything this summer.
I miss my parents so much...I want to go see them and spend time with them. It's so hard, though...with Warren's vocation, he can't go on the weekends, and the kids are not happy to sit in the hospital room for hours on end...so I don't go. Though, next weekend we will either be going to visit them, or going to North Dakota to a big send-off party for Warren's little brother, Nick. Nick is in the army and will be deployed early next month. We haven't decide which we are going to do, but I REALLY want to do either, just go somewhere for a change of scenery and to see those we love.
The reason I originally called my mom was for some mothering advice. Bethany hasn't been eating this week, and it's starting to worry me. Even her favorite food (Ronies-you may know it as macaroni and cheese) she only takes 2 or 3 bites and then is done. I've given into her please for chocolate milk, because at least something is getting into her tummy. I even caved and tried donuts for breakfast, 3 bites...and ice cream this evening, 3 bites. Mom wondered if her throat might be sore, which I actually hadn't thought about. She hasn't complained about a sore throat, but who knows with a 3 year old. She's been coughing a lot and even woke up with a fever one night, but it went away with one dose of ibuprofen. I'm going to keep an eye on her for the next few days and see if it gets better. Any prayers offered on her behalf are greatly appreciated!
Well, the kiddos are in a chair/blanket tent in the living room watching a movie, I think I'll go join them!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Lord, please give me an extra measure of patience and love for these kiddos. Please help them to get along and be happy. Help Warren and the youth to have a wonderful time at the retreat. Thank You Father for always being with me...especially on THESE days.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Thankful Thursday...I need to get going on the day, but can't start before I give thanks!
Thank You, God for:
- continued slow but sure progress in my Father. Everyday he gets a bit stronger. I pray that God continues to sustain both my dad and mom through this exhausting and frustrating time.
- bringing Abbigail through her first dental procedure...a cavity fixed with a crown. She's still a bit sore 3 days later, but is healing.
- giving me not only my children to love, but also my child care families. I thank You that they all get a long pretty well, and have adjusted to being ith me. Please help baby E to take a bottle so her mom won't worry so.
- my extended family...I really miss being a part of their big family gatherings, but thank You that they do still get together, and share their fun with me through emails and such. I pray they had a wonderful time last night getting together to celebrate Grandma and Grandpa's 64th wedding anniversary!
- coffee...and sugar free french vanilla creamer!!
- my treadmill, which allows me to get in a bit of exercise and time alone before the kiddos wake up! (I even read the Bible while walking, though I MUST hold onto the handrails or I'll fall off! :o))
- good Christian music which brings my focus back to You, where it belongs!
for more thankfuls, visit Crystal...we miss you Iris!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Sunday, November 4, 2007
These two were spotted in two areas of the zoo, I thought they were cute, they looked like they were dripping leaves of fire.
(try to ignore the litter next to the flower...I was so entranced by the flower that I didn't even notice the garbage till i was posting this!)