Friday, June 29, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Thankful Thursday!!! I'm so much more thankful this week than I was last week. So...here's a list of some of the things I am thankful for this week!
1. My Nebulizer! Wheat harvest here is making my asthma act up more than it EVER has before...if not for my nebulizer, I think I would be at the hospital. Although the medication makes me a bit shaky, I can breath, and THAT is something to be thankful for!
2. My Hubby! He is such a wonderful husband, provider, protector, friend....I don't tell him how much I appreciate him nearly enough. He really is great! Thank you God for giving me such a wonderful man as my husband. Please help me to show him how much I love and appreciate him.
3. Vacation!! We leave this weekend to go visit my hubby's family in North Dakota...I don't think they start harvest for at least a few weeks, and maybe they will be done here when we return! Now that would be GREAT! We are so excited to see family again. We live so far away from them that we only get to visit once a year, so we can't wait to see how the cousins have grown...and the new baby cousin! Grandma...here we come!
4. My children! They are such joys. They play well together (don't get me wrong, they fight to beat the band some days, but they really do entertain each other often!). They are learning unconditional love, forgiveness, and faith in God. I'm so thankful for them! Their hugs, kisses, tickles, giggles, and smiles. I love them...thank you God!
5. Christian Radio...just love the Christian music and programming. It's nice to be able to turn on the radio and not worry about what my kiddos are going to hear.
6. VBS...and VBS volunteers! It's all coming together! Thank You, God, for moving people to help. Please help us to do your work and spread your love. Please send the children and parents who need to know about you, and help us to show them your love.
7. "Cheap" gas...it's down to $2.89 which is down from a few weeks ago of $3.15...just in time for a road trip!
8. Cool nights and mornings that allow us to turn off the AC (save a little $$) and enjoy the fresh air.
Well, I could go on and on, but that dear hubby is outside in the nice cool morning air mowing the grass. I would like to have a yummy breakfast waiting for him when he comes in. Blessings to you all!
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
I am praying for him, and trying to greet him at the door. I also have a ton of fruit for snacks. We spent time together this afternoon while the children were resting, and it was nice to be with him...I almost forget what it's like to be with just him! There are so many things that we give our attention to during normal day, it was nice to be with him. I REALLY LOVE YOU!!! (just in case Warren reads this! :o))
Well, that's an update for now. I took some pics of the kiddos playing ball. Andrew finished his last T-ball game today, and Abbigail has 2 more games. I'll try to post the pics tomorrow.
For now...I'm off to dreamland...ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz............Nighty night.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Saturday, June 23, 2007
I joined a blog challenge this week at Fruit in Season The idea is to make honoring your husband a priority in your life. With the kids and all their activities, and my responsibilities in the home and church, hubby isn't always put in his proper place on my list of priorities. So, this month I am going to make it a point to put him first.
"Choose a few small goals for yourself each week and make sure to post them. Write them on post-its and put them on your mirror, in your car and your purse, or anywhere else you'll see them. Keep a journal for the month about successes and struggles. What is hardest for you to do? What comes easily? How is your husband responding to your efforts?"
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
So...here are my goals for this week.
1. Greet him as he comes home. Stop what I'm doing and greet him with a hug/kiss and make him glad he is home.
2. Tell him how much I appreciate how much he does for our family. He really is a wonderful provider and protector and I just don't tell him enough how much I appreciate him.
3. Help him with his goals of being healthy by prepare healthy meals/snacks for our family. We all need to eat healthier, and I can encourage that by what I prepare!
So...here are my goals. I'll keep you posted!
I LOVE YOU WARREN!!!!
Friday, June 22, 2007
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Thankful Thursday!! What am I thankful for this week? (To be perfectly honest, I'm a bit down today, I'm not feeling all that thankful, but I KNOW God has blessed me.)
1. I am thankful that today is a new day...yesterday was not the best day, and I'm thankful that today is all new!
2. I am thankful that my children are learning forgiveness and unconditional love (I need it after yesterday)
3. I am thankful for air conditioning!!! It is supposed to be in the upper 90's and 100 for the entire week...thank you God for AC! And a pool!!! And a cool, (dry!!) basement that has lots of toys where the kiddos can play when it's too hot to go outside.
4. I'm thankful for the gift of children...I've been reminded this week just how precious and fragile the gift of life is. Thank you, Father, for protecting my children and loaning them to me for these years. Please help me to be the best mother that I can be...help me to be patient and kind, loving and wise. Help me to always remember what a blessing they are!
5. I'm thankful that our "vacation" is only a few weeks away...time to travel and visit family in North Dakota...we're all excited! The kids are so excited to go visit their cousins, and meet the newest cousin (Addison Kate)...can't wait to kiss those little cheeks!
6. I'm so thankful for our health. Last year we were dealing with a mysterious hair loss issue...Bethany lost most of her hair! But this summer, her hair is thick and full...Thank You, God!!!
7. I'm thankful that the youth group at our church has been blessed with their fund raising activities! Their trip to Orlando is almost entirely paid for! What a blessing!
8. I'm thankful that even when I'm not very thankful, God continues to bless me. Thank you, God, for knowing what is best...even (especially) when I don't. Please help me to see the wonderful blessings in my life.
Thanks for reading...go on over to Iris to see more Thankful Thursdays.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Saturday, June 16, 2007
And where are the pictures you may ask...I don't have any!!!! Last weekend, the youth group did a big fund raiser, and hubby took the camera...it was accidentally taken home by another family, so I haven't had it for a week!!! I'm going crazy! I think I'm addicted to taking pics of my kids. There have been so many times this week that I've said "Where's the camera? That's a GREAT picture!" For example...Bethany had an accident, and I told her to go put on some clean clothes...but she only got about 1/2 way there and was distracted. She got completely naked, and then decided to listen to her sister's headphones. She was sitting in the patio (naked!) with headphones on her head, just bopping away!!! WHERE WAS MY CAMERA??? I am hoping that the woman who accidentally took our camera home will remember to bring it to me tomorrow! I NEED MY CAMERA!!!
Today has felt strange. Abbigail went on a trip with her girl scout troop, and has been gone! She left town at 7:00 this morning, and will return around 9 or 10 tonight. I'm sure she'll sleep like a log! They went to Hutchinson, Kansas...to the Cosmosphere. It is a cool space museum. I haven't been there in years, but I remember it being really neat. They were going to go to an IMAX movie, too. I told the leaders that if they needed another adult, I'd be happy to go, but they had it covered... :-(. I miss my baby!
Tomorrow is Father's Day! Happy Father's Day, Honey! I am so thankful that my children have such a fun daddy! He likes to take them fishing, swimming, and wrestle with them. He is doing a great job of helping them to learn the important things in life! Thanks honey, for loving our children, and being such a great dad! I love you more and more each day. Seeing you having fun and loving our children makes my heart sing!
Also...Happy Father's Day, Dad! I am so thankful that you are my daddy! I love you, so much! Thanks for always being there for me. Thank you for your example...it's never to late to become what you were always meant to be!!! My dad is amazing! He decided about 6 years ago, that building houses is not what he was put on earth to do! He is going back to school to become a pastor!!!!! We joke that maybe he'll be ordained a day or two before he retires, but I know he will do it! Keep up the good work, Dad...I'm SO proud of you!!
January was one of the most stressful and scary months of my life. Dad was in the hospital with a terrible infection in his leg. I thought we were going to loose him a few times. We later found out that the mortality rate for his kind of infection is about 33%! I'm so thankful that he beat the odds! Also in January, we lost my Grandpa. Mom, I know tomorrow will be difficult on you...your first Father's Day without your dad. I wish I could be there to give you a hug! I love you!
Of course, I can't forget my Heavenly Father on Father's Day. Thank you Father, for loving me and sending your Son to die for me, so I can come to live with you someday. Thank you for forgiving me when I fail. Thank you for being the perfect example of a loving father for us to follow.
I hope everyone in Bloggyville is having a great weekend, and Happy Father's Day!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Yippee! It is Thankful Thursday! I have so much to be thankful for today...and some of it involves yesterdays crazy weather! So...here we go-
- I'm thankful that our patio leaked, which sent hubby downstairs to look for a bucket, where he found WATER!!!! We received almost 3 inches of rain in about an hour. He found the water about 1/2 way through the storm, giving us the next 1 1/2 inches of rain to stop the leak, and start cleaning up! If the patio had not leaked, we wouldn't have gone to the basement until this morning...then the entire basement would have been soaked! What happened was the window well filled up with water since the rain was coming down so hard, and the water was over the entire window...which leaked. The water was coming in so fast that I put m y hand on the wall, in the stream, and could divert the stream into a bucket.
- I'm thankful we hadn't gotten to that wall in finishing the basement...still concrete, no drywall!
- I'm thankful for wonderful neighbors who didn't hesitate in letting us borrow their shop vac.
- I'm thankful for a husband who went out in the downpour to get the water out of the window well, thanks honey for taking care of us, and our home.
- I'm thankful that the carpet doesn't have padding underneath, and will dry out with fans!
- I'm thankful that nothing of value was sitting in the water! (ok, enough about the basement...onto other thankfuls!)
- I'm thankful for a day with no t-ball games this morning!
- I'm thankful for my crazy kiddos...thanks for keeping your momma laughing!
- I'm thankful for other mommies who understand the busyness, and offer to help with rides!
- I'm thankful for my mom and dad...thanks for giving me a firm foundation on which to grow, I pray I'm half the parent you guys are!
- I'm thankful for Abbigail's tender heart...it gets hurt easily, but it is so caring and loving. She gives sympathy and empathy to everyone and everything she encounters.
- I'm thankful for great, caring librarians who have planned an exciting, fun summer storytime! The kids had a blast at the first storytime, they can't wait for more!
- I'm thankful for great friends who are coming home from vacation today!!! I've missed you Jacque!!
- I'm thankful for a to-do list that is getting shorter!! Yippee!
- I'm thankful for volunteers to help with VBS!! I don't have to do it all by myself! Thanks guys and gals!
- I'm thankful to God for giving me strength to make it through day to day. Thank you for forgiving me when I don't follow You. Please forgive me when I don't use my time wisely. Please continue to help me manage my tasks and my time. Thank you for loving me, and always bringing me back to you!
What are you thankful for? Check out "sting my heart" http://www.eph2810.com/ for many more thankful lists!
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Here's another funny story from our family in the recent weeks...Warren (a pastor) was visiting one of our members in the hospital. (She has cancer, not doing well...prayers are appreciated) He decided since it was a pretty serious situation, that he should wear his clerical (the pastor's shirt...think priest and you're there!). Well, after he visited the woman, he ran to Wal-Mart to pick something up. He called and asked if there was anything I needed. I had just discovered that Abbigail's swimming suit was coming apart at the seams (almost brand new...not a happy momma!), and asked him to see if he could find one that was decent and reasonably priced. He called me a few minutes later. He was in the little girl section, looking at swimming suits...they were almost all bikinis...not for my little girl! Anyway, he said that he felt weird. There he was, in his clerical, looking at little girl bikinis! People were giving him the strangest looks! Needless to say, he didn't come home with a new suit for her! :o)
(No, that is not my hubby...I don't have any pictures of him in his clerical...he's MUCH more handsome!)
- clean out the van
- sweep/mop kitchen and bathrooms
- clean bathrooms
- put away laundry
- wash Andrew's bedding
- read with my kiddos!
- go swimming
Sounds doable to me...now to see how much actually gets done!
***Now I REALLY need to mop...milk was just spilt on the kitchen floor...don't cry!
**Update: The floors are done, laundry put away, sheets in the dryer...we were walking out the door to get in the van (swimsuited, sunscreened...ready to swim) when I heard THUNDER! Now it's raining buckets! Guess I have to clean the bathrooms! :o(
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
First we have to be at T-ball at 9:45.
Then I have to leave the T-ball game and take Bethany to Library Story-time at 10:15.
Storytime goes to 10:45, but t-ball goes till 11:00...hopefully my kiddos won't be left waiting for me!
At 11:00, Andrew has storytime, until 11:45.
Then I'm treating us to Pizza Hut for lunch.
1:30-2:15 is Abbigail's storytime.
NAPTIME is next...I think we'll all need it!
To finish off the day, Abbie has a game at 7:00.
Of course, today is the day that Warren has a meeting 2 hours away, and a bunch of members to visit between here and there. He thinks he might be back in time for the late game. :o)
Oh, God, give me strength and patience to make it through today!
Monday, June 11, 2007
If you've read this far, I thank you. Thank you for letting me pour out my thoughts and feelings. Thank you for 'listening' and loving me anyway. If you were blessed enough to know my Grandpa or either of his great wives...you are blessed indeed! (The top picture is when Grandpa was able to come to my home for a visit...shortly after my youngest was born. The other two pics were taken the last Christmas Grandpa was relatively healthy. I don't know if he knew who I was or not, but he knew we loved him. And he kept telling me that I had the cutest kids he had ever seen! Thanks Grandpa!!)
Last night Warren and I were joking around with the kids, and I tried to say their names all at once, and it came out "Babbado" Ba (for Beth) abba (for Abbie) and do (for Drew)...I think I'm onto something here!!!
Friday, June 8, 2007
Here is a close-up of Andrew's chin. It's doing ok, thanks for the prayers!
Thursday, June 7, 2007
I'm thankful for a kind county health department that gives out advice for free.
I'm thankful Andrew's chin gashes can be cared for with butterfly bandages and not stitches.
I'm thankful that his t-ball t-shirt is red.
I'm thankful that if there are scars, they will be under his chin, hardly even noticeable.
I'm thankful that God helped me to not FREAK out!
I'm thankful that he has calmed down.
I'm thankful that he is ok.
Who would have thought that the most dangerous part of t-ball would be walking through the dug out? He tripped over a glove and landed on his chin. As long as we quit asking him to look up so we can see, I think it will hold together and will heal without stitches. Thank you GOD!
YIPPEE!! It's Thankful Thursday! I have come to LOVE this day. Remembering your blessings is great, but taking the time to put them down just makes it all seem so much more real. This week, I am thankful for...
1. Abbigail, my big girl...I still can't believe she's 7.
2. Andrew & Bethany...my little loves.
3. Warren...thank you for taking care of us and making me laugh (thanks for appreciating me, dear!)!
4. air conditioning! It was 95 here yesterday, and the first day we used our AC this year.
5. moderate temps....today is supposed to be back to a high of 82, no need for the AC!
6. my blogging buddies...I have been doing this blog for less than a month, and have already "met" a bunch of nice ladies.
7. coffee with sugar free french vanilla creamer...YUMMY!
8. Proverbs...I am reading through the Bible, and recently finished the Psalms, and am more than 1/2 way through Proverbs. My favorite verse from today's reading is Chapter 16, Vs 31, "Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life." I've been getting a lot of gray hair lately, and as dark as my hair is, the grays REALLY stick out. I know it's a vain thing, but it's really starting to bug me. Thank you God, for showing me that gray hair is nothing to be ashamed about! (This is only partially tongue-in-cheek)...there are SO MANY wonderful Proverbs...I can't wait to get to 31 & meditate on it for a few days!
9. T-ball and Softball...it's so much fun to go watch my kiddos play, and I get time to talk to other mommies...I love this mommy-talk time! I love getting to know other mommies better!
10. generous friends and family...I posted earlier this week about a wonderful package from my mother-in-law, and the blessing of a family pool pass from a family at church. What a blessing, and I am so thankful!
11. sleep, and getting to sleep in on summer mornings!
12. that the amox....is finally starting to work on my little ones. They are still coughing, but not NEARLY as bad! Thank You, God for returning their health!!!!!!!
13. God's love, faithfulness, forgiveness, and promises fulfilled. Thank You, God for never leaving me, even when I don't follow you. Please continue to lead me as I continue to try to follow you. Please show us the answers we seek. Thank you for forgiving our "great and many sins." (My grandfather used to finish every prayer with this phrase...I miss him! He passed away in January, and this weekend there will be an auction to sell his belongings...God, please give my mom and her siblings strength they need to see his possessions being sold and separated.)
I could go on and on...so much to be thankful for, but I NEED to get going...T-ball in 30 minutes!!!!!