YIPPEE!! It's Thankful Thursday! I have come to LOVE this day. Remembering your blessings is great, but taking the time to put them down just makes it all seem so much more real. This week, I am thankful for...
1. Abbigail, my big girl...I still can't believe she's 7.
2. Andrew & Bethany...my little loves.
3. Warren...thank you for taking care of us and making me laugh (thanks for appreciating me, dear!)!
4. air conditioning! It was 95 here yesterday, and the first day we used our AC this year.
5. moderate temps....today is supposed to be back to a high of 82, no need for the AC!
6. my blogging buddies...I have been doing this blog for less than a month, and have already "met" a bunch of nice ladies.
7. coffee with sugar free french vanilla creamer...YUMMY!
8. Proverbs...I am reading through the Bible, and recently finished the Psalms, and am more than 1/2 way through Proverbs. My favorite verse from today's reading is Chapter 16, Vs 31, "Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life." I've been getting a lot of gray hair lately, and as dark as my hair is, the grays REALLY stick out. I know it's a vain thing, but it's really starting to bug me. Thank you God, for showing me that gray hair is nothing to be ashamed about! (This is only partially tongue-in-cheek)...there are SO MANY wonderful Proverbs...I can't wait to get to 31 & meditate on it for a few days!
9. T-ball and Softball...it's so much fun to go watch my kiddos play, and I get time to talk to other mommies...I love this mommy-talk time! I love getting to know other mommies better!
10. generous friends and family...I posted earlier this week about a wonderful package from my mother-in-law, and the blessing of a family pool pass from a family at church. What a blessing, and I am so thankful!
11. sleep, and getting to sleep in on summer mornings!
12. that the amox....is finally starting to work on my little ones. They are still coughing, but not NEARLY as bad! Thank You, God for returning their health!!!!!!!
13. God's love, faithfulness, forgiveness, and promises fulfilled. Thank You, God for never leaving me, even when I don't follow you. Please continue to lead me as I continue to try to follow you. Please show us the answers we seek. Thank you for forgiving our "great and many sins." (My grandfather used to finish every prayer with this phrase...I miss him! He passed away in January, and this weekend there will be an auction to sell his belongings...God, please give my mom and her siblings strength they need to see his possessions being sold and separated.)
I could go on and on...so much to be thankful for, but I NEED to get going...T-ball in 30 minutes!!!!!