Yippee! It is Thankful Thursday! I have so much to be thankful for today...and some of it involves yesterdays crazy weather! So...here we go-
- I'm thankful that our patio leaked, which sent hubby downstairs to look for a bucket, where he found WATER!!!! We received almost 3 inches of rain in about an hour. He found the water about 1/2 way through the storm, giving us the next 1 1/2 inches of rain to stop the leak, and start cleaning up! If the patio had not leaked, we wouldn't have gone to the basement until this morning...then the entire basement would have been soaked! What happened was the window well filled up with water since the rain was coming down so hard, and the water was over the entire window...which leaked. The water was coming in so fast that I put m y hand on the wall, in the stream, and could divert the stream into a bucket.
- I'm thankful we hadn't gotten to that wall in finishing the basement...still concrete, no drywall!
- I'm thankful for wonderful neighbors who didn't hesitate in letting us borrow their shop vac.
- I'm thankful for a husband who went out in the downpour to get the water out of the window well, thanks honey for taking care of us, and our home.
- I'm thankful that the carpet doesn't have padding underneath, and will dry out with fans!
- I'm thankful that nothing of value was sitting in the water! (ok, enough about the basement...onto other thankfuls!)
- I'm thankful for a day with no t-ball games this morning!
- I'm thankful for my crazy kiddos...thanks for keeping your momma laughing!
- I'm thankful for other mommies who understand the busyness, and offer to help with rides!
- I'm thankful for my mom and dad...thanks for giving me a firm foundation on which to grow, I pray I'm half the parent you guys are!
- I'm thankful for Abbigail's tender heart...it gets hurt easily, but it is so caring and loving. She gives sympathy and empathy to everyone and everything she encounters.
- I'm thankful for great, caring librarians who have planned an exciting, fun summer storytime! The kids had a blast at the first storytime, they can't wait for more!
- I'm thankful for great friends who are coming home from vacation today!!! I've missed you Jacque!!
- I'm thankful for a to-do list that is getting shorter!! Yippee!
- I'm thankful for volunteers to help with VBS!! I don't have to do it all by myself! Thanks guys and gals!
- I'm thankful to God for giving me strength to make it through day to day. Thank you for forgiving me when I don't follow You. Please forgive me when I don't use my time wisely. Please continue to help me manage my tasks and my time. Thank you for loving me, and always bringing me back to you!
What are you thankful for? Check out "sting my heart" http://www.eph2810.com/ for many more thankful lists!