First of all...yes, I know today is only Wednesday, but I know that tomorrow will be CRAZY, and I want to take time to make this Thankful post...so here it is!!
- I am SOOOO thankful that my dad will be moving to the Rehabilitation hospital this week. He has made so much progress. In case don't remember all that's happened with him, here's the shortened story. In January he was put in the hospital with what turned out to be necratizing fascieitus (don't ask me to spell it correctly!! It's the flesh eating bacteria) and had surgery to remove a lot of the tissue on his left leg. He was still healing from this surgery and learning to use his leg again, when in July his back started hurting. It turned out to be a staph infection on his spine. After surgery to remove the infection, he was unable to move his legs for a few weeks! He is again able to move his legs and sit up. He is working on gaining strength each day, and the rehab hospital will help him regain as much use of his legs as possible. Thank You, God for helping him to recover...and bringing strength back to his body.
- I'm am thankful for my son, Andrew. Andrew turns 6 years old today (Thursday). I can't believe my big baby boy is THIS old! (He was a BIG baby...9 pounds 2 oz.!!!) He's such a tenderhearted and loving little man. I pray that God continues to mold his heart and help him control his temper. Thank You, God, for the gift of my son. My son! I still get choked up when I say that...I have a son! Thank You God for giving him to me to help raise him. Please help my hubby and I be the best parents we can be for Andrew, and his sisters.
Nov. 15, 2001
- I'm thankful that we get to make a quick trip to visit our far away family. We are making a 15 hour drive to see Warren's little brother who is in the army and will be deployed to the Middle East in a few weeks. Please pray for Nick's safety, and our safety as we travel.
- I'm thankful that the weather is getting cooler...didn't seem right that it was the middle of November and we were outside in shorts! Don't get me wrong...I loved the warm weather, but it just didn't seem right! :-)
- I'm thankful that my hubby still loves me and finds me attractive after 11 years together, and three kiddos. My body is no where near perfect, but he loves me anyway!
- I'm thankful for so many blessings that God gives me each and every day...fresh air, clean water, a warm home, a comfy bed, vehicles that run, opportunities to serve Him, love from many people, grace and forgiveness when I don't follow Him, and of course His unconditional love!
Nov. 13, 2007
May God bless each of you this week in your thankfulness, and especially next week for Thanksgiving...remember that the most wonderful thing to give thanks for is God Himself!!