Friday, November 9, 2007

Calgone still hasn't come for me!

The day did get better. All of the kiddos took a 2 hour nap!! Even the baby! She was swinging away and would start to whimper when the swing would stop, so I would quickly wind it back up...yup, no battery operated swing for us, we've got a winder! But hey...it works!

I just talked to my mom and she had great news!!! Dad will probably be going to the rehabilitation hospital next week. He has gained a lot of strength, and his back pain has decreased. His sed (??) rate has also been going down steadily, which means the infection is leaving his body. If the sed rate is lower on Monday, they will start planning the move. He will be able to go to oral antibiotics for the rehab hospital. He has been on the super high-powered IV antibiotics since they found all the staph infection and everything this summer.
so...YIPPEE!!!!!!
I miss my parents so much...I want to go see them and spend time with them. It's so hard, though...with Warren's vocation, he can't go on the weekends, and the kids are not happy to sit in the hospital room for hours on end...so I don't go. Though, next weekend we will either be going to visit them, or going to North Dakota to a big send-off party for Warren's little brother, Nick. Nick is in the army and will be deployed early next month. We haven't decide which we are going to do, but I REALLY want to do either, just go somewhere for a change of scenery and to see those we love.
The reason I originally called my mom was for some mothering advice. Bethany hasn't been eating this week, and it's starting to worry me. Even her favorite food (Ronies-you may know it as macaroni and cheese) she only takes 2 or 3 bites and then is done. I've given into her please for chocolate milk, because at least something is getting into her tummy. I even caved and tried donuts for breakfast, 3 bites...and ice cream this evening, 3 bites. Mom wondered if her throat might be sore, which I actually hadn't thought about. She hasn't complained about a sore throat, but who knows with a 3 year old. She's been coughing a lot and even woke up with a fever one night, but it went away with one dose of ibuprofen. I'm going to keep an eye on her for the next few days and see if it gets better. Any prayers offered on her behalf are greatly appreciated!

Well, the kiddos are in a chair/blanket tent in the living room watching a movie, I think I'll go join them!
Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Unashamed said...

Hi Andie, long time no "see". It sounds like you had a tough start to your day...glad your prayers were answered. That is GREAT news about your dad! Gosh, he's had a long, hard go of it. I have to remind myself that he's been dealing with this since the summer and it sounds like he's got a way to go yet. Still, thanks be to God for his mercies! What a blessing it is to be firmly in his hand in the midst of all this.

It was nice to see your comments at my blog - thank you! I sometimes drop in here to read, but often don't have enough time to comment. (I should learn to be less long-winded!) I'm glad you liked the hymn-bits I put up. I'm not a big fan of contemporary Christian music - too "me" centred, and not nearly enough Gospel in them. Give me a good Christ-centred hymn any day!

I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. My kids went through phases where they didn't have much appetite, but there didn't seem to be anything wrong. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but I said a little prayer anyways :)

Anonymous said...

I too am sad missed the anniversary sounds like they had fun. I talked with gpa last nite and he said he'd not be here for Thanksgiving I told him I'd be home then and we'd talk. Had a scare with Brennan last nite his blood sugars dropped to 33 and he fell to the floor and wasn't very responsive scarred mom and dad of course so he slept with them and in the middle of the night he woke up puking all over his dad. so maybe that was the reason his sugars dropped- never know- but Becki was in tears and I couldn't hug her. As mothers we always worry and want our chicks close. Glad Bethany is doing better. Give the girls a call and they'll help with your kids while you visit your mom and dad. love you and yours marilyn

Chocolate and Coffee said...

Thanks for visiting my site recently.

Enjoyed your recent pot.

Blessings to you!