It's Thursday...Thankful Thursday. I am thankful for many blessings, but right now my heart is heavy. My dad's health has taken a drastic turn for the worse this week. I'm scared, I'm sad, but I am trying to remember that God loves all of us, and He will see us through. I'm leaving my husband and two of my children today, so that my youngest and I can travel to Wichita to spend the weekend with my brother's family...and see my parents. I am thankful...
- that my schedule allows for this trip. That finances at the end of the month allow for this trip. That hubby is very encouraging of this trip, even though he can't take time off. That my brother is opening his home to me and Bethany. That the rest of my family in Wichita has offered to help with Bethany so I can be there for my mom and dad.
- I'm thankful that my mom has left the hospital and slept in her own bed for 3 nights in a row...one perk of having Dad in the SICU is that Mom is not allowed to stay.
- I'm thankful for my aunts and uncles and cousins in Wichita who have been there for my parents this week.
- I'm thankful that the doctors have narrowed down the infection so that they can give a very specific antibiotic to hopefully get rid of the staph infection in Dad's spine.
Now on to other thankfuls...
- I'm thankful for the 5 teens who spent the evening at our home last night. They are a wonderful group of "kids" who love God, and are becoming a very fun youth group. They are all very loving towards my kiddos. Watching all of them dance to the Wii dance game, was HILARIOUS!! Thanks, guys, for making me laugh. (If anyone puts the video of ME doing the dance on youtube...well, I know where you live!!!) :-)
- I'm thankful for our church family who has kept me and my family in constant prayer this week. The calls to 'just see how things are going' have been comforting, although I tend to cry every time someone asks...it's nice to know people care!
- I'm thankful for my childcare families. They have been so understanding, offering to take time off so that I can go to my family. It's such a blessing to work with such caring families.
- I'm thankful that H had a good day with me on Tuesday. He's getting used to spending time with me again, which will be really good once his mommy goes back to work after her maternity leave!
I'm thankful for many things...I pray that God will provide safe travel and returned health to my Dad. If you have a moment, please pray for him. If you want to know what's going on, you can read more of the story here and here.
Thank you, Iris, for hosting TT, and helping us to stop and remember the blessings God has given to us. If you would like to see what other's are thankful for, hop on over to Sting My Heart and see for yourself! :-)