Thankful Thursday...What am I thankful for this week? Lots of things! For starters, I'm thankful
- that my children have started school, and seem to be having fun. Andrew is nervous about going to Kindergarten all day, which he does today for the first time...but I know he will have fun if he just lets himself!
- that Bethany's eye thing turned out to be nothing serious, and that it is healing already. If you don't know what's going on with her eye, see my previous posts here and here.
- that the doctors are continuing to try different means of controlling my father's pain. Medication can only do so much...and he is taking too much of it! Please pray for him if you get a chance.
- for the other pastors in the area, and their families. We had a pastor & family gathering on Monday evening. I only get to see these wonderful people a couple of times a year. It's so fun to get together and share what's going on in our lives with people who completely understand the unique position of a pastor and his wife (and kids). One of the pastors in our area is leaving, and my hubby will be helping out his congregation as their vacancy pastor until they decide what to do next (a very small congregation). Please pray for the pastor that is leaving, that God will direct his steps. Please pray for the congregation, that they will not loose heart, and that they will follow the Father's will. Please pray for my hubby, two churches is A LOT to take on. He has two funerals this week in our church alone, on top of the regular stuff. Please pray for endurance, courage, and discernment.
- that we have a roof over our head, AC that works (although it's ancient, it still runs), food on our table and in our fridge, cars that run, and many other blessings that I take for granted every single day.
- that the new principal at Abbie & Andrew's school seems to be a loving and concerned woman. Her daughter is in Abbie's class. She greets the kids as they get out of the car in the 'drop-off' lane. I hope to get to know her better!
- that Andrew didn't cry today when I dropped him and Abbie off...like I said, he's pretty nervous about this all-day thing.
- for cooler nights/mornings when we can open up the house and get some fresh air!
- that I have lost 7 pounds!! YIPPEE!!! I'm thankful for the Fit 4 Life Fridays Challenge. Check it out at Deedra's if you are curious!
- I've been reading the book of Jeremiah...I'm thankful that even though God punished the Israelites, He used that punishment to bring them back to Himself. Every time it was telling about a punishment (enslavement, banishment, death of the evil people) the section would end with "God will return you to your land" (or something like that....God always restores us to Himself...Praise Him!)
This is just a short list of my thankfuls for today...I think I could go on and on! :-) God has so blessed me, I love making myself take the time to think about the blessings. Thanks Iris for encouraging our hearts! Check out Iris's site for more Thankful Thursday listings!
Blessings to all-Andie