I have not participated in TT for a long time. Not that I haven't been thankful, just haven't taken the time to write out my thankfuls...so here are a few things that I am thankful for this week:
- Safety in the "blizzard" this week. Lots of snow, VERY cold, but we got to stay home and enjoy the warmth of our new furnace! The roads are actually a bit more tricky now, so we are being extra careful. We really had a good snow day, just enjoyed each other.
- My parents. Dad FINALLY was able to go home from the hospital on Feb. 1. He has gained so much strength and is now as healthy as he can be...praise God! I'm sure having him home again after 7 months in the hospital is quite an adjustment for mom...but a good one I'm sure!
- My husband. He works so hard to further God's kingdom, and He loves us so much. I am so thankful that he is the head of our home...he's a wonderful husband, father, provider, and friend.
- I'm thankful for the possibility of teaching next year...(see other posts for more info)
- I'm thankful that our children are growing and learning the faith. Such a joy to see their love for Jesus, and their understanding of their own personal need for forgiveness...and thankfulness that Jesus did what He did, for them!
- I'm thankful for my friends. My friend Jacque is going through a very hard time. Her dad had multiple heart attacks and open heart surgeries last week, and is doing very poorly. They do not know if he will pull through, or pass away. I feel so terrible for her, and there is nothing I can do for her except pray and offer to be here for her family while she is away at her father's side. I pray for comfort and peace for the entire family.
I am thankful for so many things, but one of those 'things' is getting out of school soon and I need to get going so I can pick her up! :o)