Thursday, September 13, 2007



Thankful Thursday...as usual there are so many things to be thankful for this week...let me list just a few:

  1. My dad is doing even better. He still doesn't have any movement to speak of below the waste, but he is now working with a pain management team, and they think they have found the combination of drugs to help him deal with the pain so he can begin doing therapy again. Hopefully getting him moving will help his back to heal and get his movement in his legs back. I thank God that He has been faithful and been there when my parents needed Him most. I praise God for bringing my dad through two life threatening infections this year, and I pray that God continues to heal my father's body.
  2. I am thankful that H has had two great days here at my home this week. No more crying, just plays happily. This will make the transition back to mom working full time after her maternity leave much easier. Thank You God!!!
  3. I'm thankful for my silly kids. I'm sorry for being short tempered and impatient this week. I DO LOVE YOU! I'm sorry I'm not the perfect mom...I'm going to try to be more patient and understanding this week.
  4. I'm thankful for safe travel for my hubby. He has been back and forth to the vacancy congregation 4 times this week...1 1/2 hours away. There was a death, planning the funeral with the family, and now the funeral. I pray God comforts the family, and brings my hubby safely home this evening.
  5. I'm thankful for the vacancy congregation...the little bit of extra income will come in handy now since our air conditioner died this week. I'm thankful it made it through the hottest part of the summer, and that we will be able to have it replaced before next summer.
  6. I'm thankful for God's mercy and grace...need I say more??
  7. I'm thankful for my friends who love me no matter my moods. They even love me through my cranky/impatient days. Thanks!!!
  8. I'm thankful that Christmas is coming...not for a long time, but it's coming! I love celebrating Jesus' birth...and all that goes with it! I love planning and decorating, and I'm starting my list already! I need to get the Children's Christmas program ordered!
  9. I'm thankful my sewing machine is working again!!! I've felt very creative this week making 5 baby slings and working on a quilt for one of my girls.
  10. I'm thankful for all my blogger buddies...everyone who reads my rambling.

If you want to read more thankful lists, head on over to Sting my Heart and see what others are thankful for this week.

5 comments:

Denise said...

I am praying for your dad, and for you. May you both be sweetly blessed.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I love seeing what others are thankful for!

Vicki said...

Loved reading your thankful list. And your children are gorgeous!!

Full of Grace said...

Loved your list! I have been slacking at Thankful Thursday, it just seems like I just don't have much time these days! I need to make serious effort to change, because everytime I read someone else's list (such as yours) it reminds me of all the blessings I have in my life (specially now that our surrender is finalized!!!) Thanks for sharing yourself with us :)

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Wonderful list! I wish I could sew! I would love to make a quilt but I would have to glue it together. lol

Thanks for sharing your list!

Blessings~