- I'm typing this entry on my NEW PRETTY GREEN PUTER!!!! It arrived today and I'm so excited. I'm still obviously trying to figure everything out. It's got Vista, so that's interesting. Trying to get some of my programs and my "favorites" from the other computer. If I don't comment on your blog...leave me a comment, I just might not have brought your link over by accident!
- My neighbors are moving. We met this wonderful couple the day we moved into this home. They came over to welcome us, just as they were about to leave town for their son's home in ND...ND?? Hubby grew up in ND! Where are you going? Small Town....WHAT?? That's the SAME TINY TOWN HE'S FROM!!!! What a total coincidence. Their son, grew up here in Small Town, KS. Met a girl from Small Town, ND, married her and moved to her town. Turns out, she was a grade or two younger than hubby...small world! We've been friends ever since. She takes wonderful photos. She's always snapping away at my kids when she has a few pics left on her camera. She always brings them special treats for holidays. Just good neighbors. Hubby is sad...now he will have to go buy a ladder! The husband got a job in Ohio, and they will be moving by the end of April. I'm sad! I will miss them so much!
- Abbigail is getting sad about school again. She still misses Mrs. Wonderful. She is having her treatments, and things are going great, but she won't be returning to school. Abbigail has gotten used to, and fallen in love with the substitute. She's an older, retired, teacher. She did not want to commit to the rest of the year, but committed until the end of March. They are bringing in a new teacher for April and May. The new teacher is a NEW teacher. She did her student teaching here at our school in the fall and graduated in December. I'm sure she'll be great, but this is just one more change for this class that has been through so much this year. Abbigail now is moping around saying "I wish we didn't have to change teachers." She is such a loving girl, she will love the new teacher, but to loose someone else that she has grown dependent on will be difficult for her. Please keep her in your prayers.
- As if Easter and all that entails for a pastor wasn't enough...we have 3...no, 4 members in various hospitals around here. CRAZY! This was a BAD weekend for emergency surgeries. Hubby could really use a day off, but he's off to visit the hospitals. He was not feeling well last week, but seems to be on the mend. He tends to get sick every year right around Christmas and Easter. I think the stress of all the extra services and responsibilities knocks out his immune system so that every bug around can attack him. Just another way the devil is trying to keep the Good News from getting out! It didn't work though...he still preaches, even with a cough drop in his mouth and a frog in his throat! :o) I'm so proud of my hubby. He takes such good care of our family. He loves me, and the kids so much. Sometimes I am just overwhelmed with the love I feel for this man. Thank You, God, for giving him to me!
- I spent Thursday and Friday chasing Abbigail and Andrew on their bikes. We've taken all training wheels off...well, we let Bethany keep hers! So, I was holding onto their sweatshirts and keeping them off the pavement. They are both doing pretty good, but it will take more work! Maybe tomorrow we can get out there some more!
Monday, March 24, 2008
I'm tired. Spring break is over, even for me...the childcare kiddos all come back tomorrow. I love them, but just like any job, it's nice to have time off! I'm going to give some bullet-style updates just because I'm tired and don't feel like being overly eloquent tonight...ok, when am I ever eloquent? I don't know!