Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

It's my birthday....no big deal. I'm getting older by the minute, hubby keeps reminding me! :) Andrew surprised me this morning by bringing me breakfast...in the bathroom! I was showered and dressed, but not finished getting ready. I opened the bathroom door and there was Andrew with a pop-tart (I normally don't buy these!) and a glass of milk. He even toasted the pop-tart, poured the milk (and didn't spill!). How sweet is that?!!?!
Abbie and I spent the morning at 4-H judging for our county fair. This is her first year in 4-H. She entered two ceramic pieces and some pictures in photography. She received a purple (best) and a blue (next to best) in ceramics. On her photography she received two purple, a few blue, a bunch of reds and one white (lowest ribbon). Overall, for being her first year, she did awesome!
While we were at the 4-H judging, I found out that an important piece of paperwork was FINALLY finished for preschool. We've been waiting on this paper for months. We can't get our state certification until we have this paper, an inspection, and then get the paperwork back from the state. I'm afraid we'll not be ready to start when we would like to, but I'm trying! It's been out of my hands (board and church trustees have been working on it) for so long, just waiting and waiting (I'm not good at that!).
VBS is over for another year. It was a great time, LOTS of kids for our small church. We normally have around 10 kids on a Sunday for Sunday school...and we had 52 children for VBS!!!! AMAZING! We are thrilled with the turn out! Most of the children are from other churches, but there are some who are unchurched, so we are planning some follow-up for those families. God is good!
We had our annual church pool party last night. It's always a good time. Lots of good food and fun with God's people! I actually was having so much fun that I forgot to take any pictures.
We've had some late nights with our busy week...I think I'm going to curl up on the couch with my little one and take a birthday nap! I will try to post pictures later...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

10 comments:

irmaJ said...

Happy Birthday Precious Child of God!! May your day be filled with HIS richest blessings!
May all your work you did for the VBS be multiplied many times over. May those seeds planted grow and not be choked out. May God refresh all those who worked and give them renewed strength. Rest now!

Tammie Holle said...

Happy Birthday! O.k., we'll try this again! Yes, this is my second attempt at trying to leave this post... 5 years away from my job and I'm just not that computer savy anymore! Anyway, I just wanted to leave you a quick note to wish you a Happy Birthday! Even though we are not in contact all that much anymore, I do think of you often and pray for you and your family constantly!

The kids look so grown up in your pictures... every once in awhile I take a peek at your blog to see what you are up to. Rarely do I have time for more than a peak! I bribed Emily with ice cream... a big bowl... for some quiet time! Hey, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!

We were able to get away for some much needed R&R earlier this month when we headed off to Chicago for a few days with Doug's youngest brother and sister-in-law! That was nice! The first time Doug and I had been away alone in the last two years! We are also taking a trip out to CO in August. It is hard for Doug to get away from work, so I am thankful for two opportunities to get away this summer before the school year takes off again!

Emily's bowl of ice cream is gone (and let's be honest, mine is too!!! : ) ), so time's up. I promised I would play princesses for awhile before getting some housework done.

Take care. Love you!
Tammie

Loni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Andie!!!
I think it is SO wonderful that your kids will be doing 4H stuff. We always go through those exhibits at the fair, and I always think what a neat thing for those kids to be involved in. Tell Abbie Congratulations on such a wonderful year!!
Hope you get to do something really fun for your birthday, but you enjoy your family so much, that I'm sure even a small family dinner will be a joy to you.
I love you, Sweetie! Aunt Patty.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetheart - hope you had a great birthday nap and that the rest of your day was as special as the beginning. I'm glad Abbie did so well at 4-H. She is a great learner and I'm proud of her. We love you bunches! M & D

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a very happy and blessed birthday. May God make the next year full of great times, friends and adventures!

Full of Grace said...

What a sweet son! Happy Happy Birthday Dear Andie :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I didn't get to say good-bye on Saturdy to you. I had to go change Houston and when I got back you we're gone. Have fun this week at the fair. Houston can't wait to see all the animals!
Angie

Abby said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think your idea of using days instead of weeks would work great for parents with a lot of kids (more than my two :) or even younger kids who might not understand the concept of a week. Thanks again for stopping by!

Abby

Sonshine said...

Happy Birthday(a little late!)!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog today! :)