Wednesday, May 21, 2008

9:20 pm

Well, I can't even remember how many times I've run to the bathroom today. I do know that I weigh about 5 pounds less tonight than I did last night...possibly more.
Around 5ish this morning I was trying to put a video in the VCR so Bethany could watch. I remember being frustrated that I couldn't get the tape to go into the VCR. I remember thinking I felt very weak and out of it. The next thing I know, Bethany was rubbing my shoulder and cheek and asking if I was ok. I must have fainted. I have NEVER fainted before in my life. I told Bethany to go get Daddy. He came out and helped me up, just in time to run to the bathroom again. What a night. What a day. I have spent almost the entire day on the couch, or on the floor. I slept a lot. I still feel pretty horrible, weak, shakey, and very thirsty. But if I take more than a few sips I feel really sick again.
My grandpa always said that a chocolate malt would help whatever was ailing you. So, this afternoon I sent Hubby to Wendy's to get me a frosty. That is the only thing that I have managed to keep down today. Bethany held down a pnut butter sandwich, some crackers, lemon-lime soda, and part of my frosty...but the chocolate milk came right back up (while I was on the phone with my dad..sorry dad!)
Hubby had a "date" with the youth group tonight to see Narnia Prince Caspian. The kids and I were all supposed to go with them, but decided to stay home. We'll go as a family this weekend. Hubby won't be home till 11 or so, but the kids are in bed and I'll be heading that way very soon.
I felt just horrible that I couldn't celebrate the end of the school year with the kids. Hubby did such a great job of getting them both up and around and getting them to school on time. He's such a great dad and husband,I truly don't know what I'd do without him!
Abbie was invited to a swim party for this evening and my great friend Jacque was kind enough to come and be Abbie's transportation. I just didn't think I should be driving in my condition!
My family in Wichita was all gathered to celebrate my grandma's birthday. I called to tell her happy birthday (my dad's cellphone) and that's when Bethany lost her chocolate milk. So after I got it cleaned up I called back and got to talk to both Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma gets quite weepy quite often and of course couldn't even talk to me for a few minutes. She wishes we could have been there...I wish we could have, too...but I told her that we were sick and she didn't really want us around. She is suffering from Alzheimer's, so she tends to repeat herself a lot, I miss them all! On a day like today you REALLY miss your family!
I'm sorry for the scattered brained post...I can't think strait. Good night all, I hope we ALL get a good night's rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound completely miserable please do not feel bad about today!!! I'm worried you might have something else besides the flu I've never heard of fainting from the flu. Get some liquids down or you will end up in the hospital.
Angie

Full of Grace said...

I'm so sorry you and your family have been hit so hard with sickness. I truly hope you are feeling better VERY VERY SOON!