Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Coughing update....

The cough. Why did it find us? My mom left a comment that she is now sick...I'm so sorry Mom! Andrew is doing some better. He hasn't had any cough syrup since Sunday. Abbigail is still suffering and sounds like she's going to gag half the time she starts coughing. She had cough syrup this morning. Bethany's cough is not as bad as Abbie's, but she has run a fever off and on since Saturday. Yesterday afternoon she started crying and saying that her ear hurt. Bethany has only had maybe 3 ear infections in her entire life, so this is not a "normal" thing for her. After she napped fitfully for less than an hour and then sat on my lap crying for another half hour, I called the doc. They could fit her in about 30 minutes later...great, just enough time to pick up the other two, drop Andrew off at home with Dad, drop Abbigail off at Girl Scouts, and make it to the doctor. Yup, ear infection. The nurse practitioner asked if she had any problems with the antibiotics she had last time, she didn't. LAST TIME. This morning, I gave her the meds while she was eating breakfast. About 30 minutes later I was trying to get her dressed and she said "My tummy hurts." And BAM...puked all over her clean clothes, the carpet, everything. So...guess who' staying home today? Of course she does this about 5 minutes before all my childcare kiddos are to arrive. As they arrive I tell them what's going on. I seriously think it's just the antibiotic, but you all know my track record for diagnosing my kids with something benign and it actually being something to watch. So...I've got 5 kids today, and one of them has already puked. I guess I'll try the antibiotic again at lunch and if she doesn't hold that one down I'll be making another call to the doc.

On another topic, we're planning something very exciting, I'll be posting about it as soon as I have a chance...how's that for suspense??? :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my girls have been coughing since the weekend....

should i go ahead and tell everyone what your planning, because i think i have a good idea.

aaron

Anonymous said...

So, miss Andrea, you come to town and leave everyone here sick? You know I'm just kidding sweetie, but when you said your Mom was now sick, and Aaron's girls are both coughing, I thought I'm usually sad that I don't get to see you on your visits, but this time, I'm not. haha. Anyway, so sorry to hear that the sickness is hitting your house again. Hope it will be of short duration! And........Just what are you planning???????? Love, Aunt Patty

Andie said...

Aaron, I'm so sorry! I was worried my kids would come down with the roto virus your girls have, but so far so good...I'm SORRY!! Plese let me come back for a visit someday. :)
Love ya-Andie