Tuesday, March 18, 2008

AWESOME NEWS!!!!

I have two pieces of good news to share.
First...AWESOME NEWS! Mrs. Wonderful (Abbigail's teacher who is receiving treatments for cancer) is in REMISSION! After only one round of treatments, she went back for her second round, and the cancer is GONE!!! She will stay in Texas (where she went to receive treatments) to being the transplant process. From what I understand they will remove some of her bone marrow and the stem cells inside, "clean it up" (I think this means making sure it is cancer-free) and then give it back to her. She will remain there for the next 6-8 weeks. Which means, she will obviously miss the rest of the school year (this was expected already) but she will be coming home just in time to see her daughter graduate from high school. What a blessing! The doctors had previously told her that she would probably have to undergo at least 3-4 rounds of treatment...she just did one! We serve an AWESOME, All-Powerful God!

Second...good news, for me! I was totally stressing out about the amount of paper-work needed to expand the license for the preschool. I must have called our county lady 4 times yesterday morning. She gave me the name and number of the state lady last week. One time I tried to call the local lady to ask a question, but she was out to lunch, so I called the state lady. She was also out to lunch, but I left a voice mail. She called back about an hour later. I explained what I was trying to do and she asked why I was doing so much paperwork. Apparently just to get the new number approved, they need a new director (ME!). My credentials need to be verified. The only other thing we need to do is be approved by the fire marshal. I already had the forms for myself done! The head of the board is taking care of the fire marshal...so I'm done! Praise God! I spent about 5 hours working on the various paperwork yesterday (before I found this out) and was only making a dent in what I thought needed to be done. In defense of the local lady, we are the only preschool she deals with. When they hired a new director a few years ago, they also had to get a new license because they changed the owner (from the board to the church) and a few other changes, so they did have to get a whole new license. She thought this was standard procedure...I'm so glad she was wrong!
Oh, one more "good news" thing. Hubby called Dell yesterday and ordered me a laptop! In honor of St. Patrick's day (and because it's my favorite color) he even ordered a green cover! :o) I can't wait till it arrives...in about 10 days-2 weeks. Thanks Hubby! I love you!!! I just might even let him borrow it once in a while! ;o)

6 comments:

Unashamed said...

You've been quite the busy girl :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Yea - praise God for many blessings. We're thankful you reached the "state lady" it certainly made life similer. We're also thankful for the laptop (you'll use it a lot in the next year) and especially for the news for Mrs. Wonderful. We loved A.'s call to tell us. Much Love M & D
(P.S - yes we missed your blog.)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful you don't have to spend your spring break doing paperwork. Sorry you didn't get to go see your parents. We do have another three day weekend in April that maybe you could take your kids to Wichita. Angie

Full of Grace said...

All Wonderful News!!! Especially about Ms. Wonderful's cancer! Enjoy that new fancy colored laptop :)

Loni said...

Congrats on all your good news!
Have a wonderful day and I hope the good news just keeps rolling your way!
Love you!
Loni