Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday



Yes, it is Thursday again! I am so thankful for a great week! Here is a short list of my thankfuls for this week...

  • I am thankful for some beautiful weather...I really think spring is coming!! Yippee!
  • I am thankful for the opportunity to teach again. If you remember last week, I was waiting for a call and trying to make a decision. The call came, and hubby and I prayed and made a decision. I am going to be a preschool director and teacher next year! Thank You God, for letting me go back to teaching. I am trusting that God will show me the perfect place for my little Bethany to spend 3 mornings a week while I teach a younger class, she will join me at preschool for the afternoons.
  • I am thankful for my children, their love, their forgiveness when I'm not the perfect mommy, their laughter, and their hugs.
  • I am thankful for my hubby. He is such a strong support to me. Every morning he asks how far I walked and is so proud of me.
  • I am thankful that I am finally seeing results from my walking almost daily. The scale has started going down, and even better...my pants are all becoming very loose. I am planning on purchasing a belt this weekend...I haven't needed one of these in about 4 years (since I was pg with Bethany!) Yippee!!! Thank You, God for helping me to get up at the early hour and walking. I enjoy spending "quiet" time with God while I walk...I read my Bible. So far in 2008 I have read Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, and I'm almost finished with Judges. Wow...I don't think I've ever read this much of my Bible in such a short time!
  • I am thankful that my childcare moms are supportive of me going back to teaching. They are sad that I won't be caring for their children, but they are happy for me and my new opportunity.
  • I am SO THANKFUL that I get to go to a pastor's wives retreat this weekend. This is my one weekend away from my family...I love them, but having time away is a necessity some times! I am so looking forward to time with other PW's, time in prayer and Bible study. Time to fellowship and worship our God. I am taking my girls with me and dropping them off at my parents house for the weekend. Andrew and hubby are staying home so they can participate in a wrestling tournament. I'm so sad I will miss the tournament, but we have friends who will video his match, so I'll still get to see it.
  • I am thankful that spell check is working again on Blogger...hopefully it will help me out! :o)
  • There is so much more that I am thankful for...breathing, new eyeglasses, sunshine, yummy grapes I got on sale this week, and a million other things that I won't take time to write out right now....I did promise a "short" list!! :o)

Head on over to Iris' to see what others are thankful for! Have a blessed week everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Thankful Thursday list! I, too, started walking in the fall and am starting to see results. It's exciting, isn't it? I love your idea of reading the Bible while walking -- I may have to try that. God Bless!

Denise said...

I enjoyed your thankful list.

eph2810 said...

Wahoo, girl. I am so happy that you got the call for the pre-school director position. That is so awesome. I am sure that God will provide a place for your little girl :)

WTG on your walking and Bible reading.
You are right - we have to get away from family sometimes to refresh our body, mind and soul. I am glad that you have the opportunity to spend with other pastor's wives.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.