Yes, I know it is Wednesday night, but if I don't do this now, I might not get a chance tomorrow! So...here is what I am thankful for this week.
- I am thankful for the beautiful weather on Tuesday, made me long for Spring...I am thankful that Spring IS coming! Say it with me now "Spring IS coming!"
- I am thankful that Mrs. Wonderful (Abbigail's 2nd grade teacher) is able to begin her treatment for her cancer so quickly. We pray for strength and courage. I am thankful that her substitute teacher (for 2 months, then another one to finish the year) is planning special activities for the children to do for Mrs. Wonderful, to help them stay connected...for their emotional well-being, and Mrs. Wonderful's, too.
- I am thankful that Abbigail feels comfortable enough with me that she can share her fears and worries. She can cry on my shoulder, and laugh with me, too. She is so concerned for her teacher, she cries a lot...we talk about Mrs. Wonderful's faith, and even if her body is not strong enough to fight this cancer, we will see her in heaven. However, she is a young, healthy (besides this cancer) woman, she will fight with all she's worth! The principal came to talk with the children on Tuesday and tell them that Mrs. Wonderful wouldn't be back to school this year. When I picked Abbigail up she came running across the cross walk and threw herself into my arms, crying. My heart breaks for this little girl, but I am thankful that she is sharing her feelings and not bottling them up. I am thankful that Mrs. Wonderful has boldly professed her faith, even in this public school. I am thankful for her example of faith in the face of trials, she is a true inspiration!
- I am thankful for a great interview on Tuesday. I will find out today (Thursday) if I will be offered a job as the director and a teacher at our local preschool. I miss teaching so much! I pray that God will make it clear if this is what He intends for my life at this point, and if it is what I am supposed to do, that He will clearly show me where Bethany is to spend three mornings a week while the younger class meets.
- I am thankful for supportive childcare moms. They don't want me to take the preschool position because they want me to care for their children, but they also know my heart and are willing to "share" me with the rest of the community. They have made it a habit lately of telling me how much I am appreciated, and that is always nice to hear.
- I am thankful for my husband. Although he drives me nuts sometimes, I love him dearly. I am thankful that he loves me...and finds me attractive.
- I am thankful for my treadmill (thanks hubby!), I am getting great exercise, and I'm so excited that I have actually sped up to a jog a few mornings this week! Woohoo!
- I am thankful for our wonderful Christian music radio station. It is so wonderful to be able to turn it on and know there will be good music, and nothing to embarrass the kids, or me!
- I am thankful for Lent. Such a somber time, but a time to prepare for the highest festival...Easter! Thank You, Jesus for what you have done for us, and continue to do for me, daily!
Head on over to Iris's blog to see more lists of Thankful Thursdays.