Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What are we doing???

If you've asked that question, here are the answers!

Our furnace and AC were torn out on Monday, just in time for the coldest night of the year! No heat...but we didn't freeze! It's now Wednesday and they are still working on getting the new one in and hooked up. I can smell some kind of glue coming up from downstairs. The men told me they put out the pilot lite on the water heater so that they don't explode down there...I just hope they all make it out alive! :o) Thankfully it has not been too hot or cold, and we have not needed the AC or heat. Hopefully they will finish today. 95% efficient...those bills should be lower this year! The heater and AC that were in this house have been here since the house was built in 78...29 year old stuff is not very efficient...very high heating and cooling bills even though we keep our temps very warm in the summer and cool in the winter. I can't wait to feel WARM this winter!

I took all three of the kids to the dentist yesterday, me too! The hygienist said that my teeth were the best she'd seen all day, very little deposits! If you knew me as a child, this is a miracle! Every time I went to the dentist I had at least one or two or three cavities. I HATED going to the dentist because of the inevitable fillings that would follow. Bethany and Andrew also had wonderful check-ups...unfortunately Abbigail has her first cavity. Right between two of her back teeth. She will have to have a cap put on the tooth. :o( She's very scared about it...and I can't blame her. Warren has offered to take her so that I can stay home and do the running with all the other kids...but I want to be there to hold her hand. Poor baby. She gets it fixed on Nov 5, so please keep her in your prayers that day.

We went to the lake last night to enjoy a beautiful evening. By the time we finished with the dentist and had supper, we only had about 1 1/2 hours to enjoy, but enjoy we did!
Abbie got a nibble and almost got the fish in, but it got off the hook, she was disappointed. For some reason, that girl has all the luck when it comes to fishing! She and her brother had the exact same bait on their hooks, everything was the same, but she always gets the nibbles and catches, he has only caught one or two. It was fun to spend some time with no TV, computer, or other distractions. Just fun with the family. Bethany throws out her "fish" and reels it in so excitedly..."I caught a fish! I caught a fish!" We're trying to teach them all that a secret to fishing is to whisper only...no talking loudly...so her whisper "I CAUGHT A FISH!" is so adorable! She's just a card.
The lake we go to is surrounded by these beautiful cliffs and hills...in WESTERN KANSAS! No, it's not ALL flat! We love just watching the sun set, counting the rabbits, looking for an owl in his hole, and enjoying our time together. We finally gave up and came home when we could no longer see the bobbers floating out there.

I'll try to remember to take pictures next time before it gets this dark!! :-)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

time well spent.. that 1 1/2 hour.

Steffie B. said...

yeah....I'd say you have been a tad bit busy! lol