I haven't posted much...ok, at all this week. No reason...just haven't. We've had a good week...I'll post an update later. Now, it's time to start counting those blessings!
- My Father's health continues to improve. They are still watching the infection in his spine, and he is again receiving the high powered antibiotics. His movement continues to improve and he does new things daily. This week they have started him on a "tilt-board" so his legs can feel what weight being put on them feels like again. Apparently he got up to a 50 degree angle today for about 20 minutes. This is going to be a very long road to recovery...continued prayers are appreciated. This will be a long road, but he has already come so far! A month ago he couldn't even wiggle his toes, praise God for what he can do now!!!
- My husband. He is such a wonderful provider, takes such good care of our family and home. I love him so much!!
- My children...each one is special and unique. I love each of them! The girls started/are starting dance this week...such fun! Andrew had an eye doctor appt. yesterday. He's been blinking his eyes really weird and I just wanted to check it out. The eye doctor said he sees fine, he thinks the problem is that Andrew has such beautiful, long eyelashes that they touch in the corners and make his eyes blink from reflex...nothing to worry about, he will grow out of it...boy would I love those eyelashes!!!
- Friends...some friends who used to live here in town visited this weekend and we were able to eat lunch with them Sunday afternoon. Such wonderful friends (even though they are old enough to be our parents...surrogate grandparents for our kiddos). We miss them dearly and it was good to spend some time with them. Another friend had a death in her family this week, and has been gone to be with her family. I have missed her so much!
- Conferences! Hubby has a church worker's conference this weekend...and the kiddos and I get to tag along. A change of scenery, a stay in a hotel (no cleaning or cooking!!!!) I went to these conferences back before our kids were born when I served as a teacher, so a lot of my old teaching buddies are there...I get to see them and feel a bit more "brainy" than "just a mom"....ok, that doesn't sound the best, but you know what I mean! :o) Being a mom is the hardest and most wonderful job I have ever had, but sometimes my brain feels like it's beginning to turn to mush, so it's good to see old friends who knew me before my brain mushed, and remember that I have many talents and abilities!
- God. I'm so thankful that God forgives me each and every time I mess up. He gives me the free gift of forgiveness, there is nothing I could ever do to deserve all He has given me. Thank You, God!!!
- I'm thankful for blogging buddies. I first started reading adoption blogs, and have branched into blogs on many topics. One blog that I really enjoy, and have become friends with is adopting a baby from China! Terri has had a very bad couple of weeks, and has so much to do to get ready for her trip towards the end of this month. I'm excited for her!
What are you thankful for this week? Go on over to Iris' to join in the fun, or check out what other's are thankful for!