It's Thursday...my FAVORITE DAY....especially this week! My biggest and best thankful for today is HUBBY IS COMING HOME TODAY!!! He's been gone for about 9 days and I (and the kiddos) miss him SOOO much!
Here are some of the other things I am thankful for this week:
- God's protection, it's been a scary week around here, but we are safe. There have been a number of break-ins in our town (I mentioned it last week), and they continue. A house just kitty-corner from me was broken into yesterday. I didn't sleep much last night. But I had a golf club in bed with me and the phone under my pillow, and the house locked up tighter than Ft. Knox. However, I know that the club, phone, and locks are not what kept me safe...it was God. Thank you God!
- For friends that love me and understand my feelings. One friend invited the kiddos and I to spend the night last night at her home because she knew I would be worried home alone. I declined, but looking back, it would have been fun! And I probably would have slept more!
- That Hubby and the kids were safe and had a great time at the National Youth Gathering. Hubby got to see friends from college, camp, and seminary days. What a blessing! I so wish I could have seen them, too! Hopefully he got email addresses!!!!
- That God chose ME to be one of His children. That He loves me enough to die for MY sins. That even if I were the only sinner on earth, He would have went to the cross...for ME! Thank You, JESUS!
- That my dad is finally in the hospital where he can get adequate pain management, and hopefully they will find out what is wrong with his back.
- I am thankful for the life of Evelyn. A friend of my mom's who was known for doing good deeds and loving EVERYONE. Apparently she did a good thing, for the wrong person this week, and was murdered. A very sad thing...but we have HOPE!! She knew her Saviour. She knew Jesus loved her and died for her. She knew she was forgiven, and where she will spend eternity. She was a very giving person and is now praising God with all the heavenly hosts. Thank You, God for her example of selfless, giving love. Please give her friends and family comfort, peace, and hope at this difficult time.
- For my pillow, I'm going to try to get in a nap before hubby gets home. This girlie can't make it on the 3-4 hours of sleep I got last night.
- That Hubby is on the ground! He just called and they are leaving the airport, and driving home...the airport is 4 hours away (yes, we live in the middle of NOWHERE!)
- That the kids and I had a great time visiting my family in Wichita. My dad was in pain, and didn't get out of bed...but we still enjoyed spending time with him. The kiddos loved playing with their cousins, Ella & Ava...and I enjoyed spending time with my mom, dad, brother, and great sis-in-law. We even went to visit my grandparents in the nursing home. Grandpa was pretty tired, but Grandma was unusually aware. It was a good day!
I could go on and on, but if I want to get in a nap, I have stuff to do to get ready for hubby's homecoming!
Blessings to all on the week ahead!