Monday, June 4, 2007

Breakfast Cookies

My kids are like most kids...they LOVE cookies! I found this recipe a few years ago online, I have no idea where! Anyway, it's a way they can eat "cookies" for breakfast. There is a ton of healthy stuff, and harldy any sugar! Good stuff!

Breakfast cookies
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 to 1 tsp. baking powder
2/3 c. margarine/butter
1 egg or egg substitute
1 tsp. vanilla
1 med. apple
1 1/2 c. quick cooking oatmeal
1 c. colby or cheddar cheese (grated)
3/4 c. raisins.

Preheat oven to 375. Mix flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Stir in butter or margarine, (I use half margarine and half applesauce), brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Peel, core and chop or shred the apple. Stir in apple pieces, oatmeal, grated cheese and raisins. Place large spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Store in covered container in the refrigerator or freeze.
*I always double the batch, it just doesn't make very much, and I like leftovers! I also add a large scoop of peanut butter, for a little extra crunch and taste. YUMMY! Enjoy with a big glass of milk!

No comments: