Saturday, May 26, 2007

11 Years ago...

Eleven years ago today...my wonderful hubby and I became husband and wife! We had a beautiful "private island" wedding. No...we didn't go to Hawaii. We went to Minnesota! We met at a beautiful summer camp where we both served as counselors. This camp is on a small island in the middle of one of Minnesota's beautiful lakes. We were able to hold our wedding on the island. We decided not to hold our wedding in the chapel, we walked out of the chapel, and down the hill onto the beautiful lawn. The weather was BEAUTIFUL...just a tad windy. During the wedding, we could look through the trees to see the water. There was a fisherman in his boat just off shore. My mom said she prayed the whole service that he wouldn't "gun" his engine and make a lot of noise...he stayed put until the service was over (how nice of him!!).

Warren, thank you for loving me. Thank you for being patient with me these past 11 years. Thank you for thinking I'm beautiful. Thank you for the fun, laughter, and good times. Thank you for being there in the tough times, for holding me and letting me cry on your shoulder. Thank you for being such a great dad to our little blessings. Thank you for being a man of God that I can look up to, respect, and be proud of. I love you! I thank God for you, every single day. You are the most wonderful blessing that God has given me, and I cherish you.

2 comments:

Steffie B. said...

beautiful picture.....congrats on 11 years!

marilyn said...

OK i wrote this once and then it went byebye I'm so lousy on the computer. i have enjoyed reading your blog about your family the good,the bad, and the ugly. you know my kids never did me that why (you believe me don't you) haha.It was good to see you all this week. the next time your in town and so am i - i would like you to show me how to set up a blog and do the pictures. I'v wanted to do this for a long time i'm just not computer smart. love ya aunt marilyn