Monday, April 13, 2009

Andrewism....

Happy Easter! He is RISEN!!!

We had a wonderful Easter, but one thing leaps out in my mind. I made a yummy Easter dinner...ham, cheesy (au grautton...no idea how to spell it!) potatoes, green beans, rolls...the whole package! It was all yummy! Andrew particularly enjoyed the potatoes. He asked if he could have some more ROTTEN potatoes!!! What a guy!

We started the day with Easter sunrise service and then breakfast at church. Sunday school Easter egg hunt and then worship. Home for the yummy lunch. After a bit of time to unwind, we went with Hubby to his vacancy church. A family who have been there for a while was moving, and they were having a dinner after church to celebrate Easter and say goodbye to this family. It was a nice day. It was nice to be able to spend the entire day with Hubby!
My big family (mom, dad, brother, cousins, etc) all got together yesterday at my parent's home. I wished that I could have been there...but I am really trying to make our own traditions with our little family. This is the place that God has placed us to do His work. I am trying to accept that we just aren't able to be with our bigger families for these traditional family days and make them special for our smaller family...for my kids and my husband. I am so thankful for my husband, my children, and for my church family.
I will try to post pics of our Easter finery soon!

No comments: