Monday, June 16, 2008

a little update on me...

Have you ever heard of soaking a poison ivy infection in Epsom salt water? It works! Dries the heck out of your skin, but it also helps to dry out the infection. I have soaked my arms in it for a while the past few days and I can really tell the difference. The welts are starting to go down and they no longer look so terribly red and angry...not gone by any means, but I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

On the weight loss front...I am so excited to report that I have lost 20 pounds! Yes, this has been since January, but it's coming off. My darling husband, however, has gone back on his Atkins diet and lost 20 pounds in the past 3 weeks! (I love him, but I HATE him, too! ;o)) We are going to be one HOT couple in a few months! We both want to be healthier for our lives, to be better examples for our kids. We want to be able to have a good time in Florida without being too tired. He's doing TaeBo nearly every day and I really am trying to get back on my treadmill more often, even if I only have time for one mile...at least it's SOMETHING!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

congratulations! You guys are doing GREAT!

Sorry to hear about the poisen ivy! I hope you feel all better. PRONTO!

PS~loved all the updates and photos!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the exercise and weight loss!!! I miss talking with you everyday!!!
Angie