Thankful Thursday...what am I thankful for today? Soooooo much, but I know you all have lives, so I will just list a few. I am thankful
- for my dad's continued progress. Three weeks ago he could not move anything below his waist...now he is able to sit on the edge of his hospital bed and kick his legs, wiggle his toes, roll his ankles...YIPPEE!!! I am thankful that his doctors continue to monitor him closely, and have put him back on his high-powered antibiotics because they are worried the infection in his spine is not completely gone. I'm thankful he has some continuity of care since he moved to a new hospital, that they continue to monitor him closely.
- that we get to go to Wichita for a quick visit tomorrow-Saturday. It will be good to get to see Mom and Dad, and give them hugs...and see his progress!
- for cool nights. I love snuggling up in the blankets and sleeping all cuddled in.
- for Puffs Plus (my nose was so sore because of "regular" tissues...never buy them again! Only Puffs Plus for me!)
- for yummy cookies! I made a double batch of chocolate/peanut butter chip cookies this morning! YUMM-O!
- for a safe, successful surgery for little Hope. She is a member of our church, born at 27 weeks. She is now a very healthy (besides the ear infections!) almost 3 year old. She had to have her adenoids removed this morning, and is already home eating popsicles.
- for God's grace and forgiveness. For His leading me, and helping to pick me up when I don't follow. For His continual love and mercy.
- for the children in my care. Though sometimes I get frustrated, they entertain me and keep me busy. I would be so bored without them! (Yes, that is MY cheesy princess being silly!)