Thursday, May 22, 2008

update on tummy troubles

Here's a tip...after suffering a stomach bug, don't let the first solid food you eat be a bagel...it will NOT settle down and digest nicely. Your stomach will cramp so badly you will WISH you were pregnant and in labor...until you throw up that offending bagel, then you will feel MUCH better. It is now just about 11:00 pm and I am getting ready to hit the sack for the night. I have kept down a handful of grapes, 1/2 a ham and cheese sandwich, and a small chocolate frosty. (Boy, Grandpa was a GENIUS in figuring out that chocolate malts will cure whatever is ailing you!) I have lost 8 pounds in the past 36 hours. I know I have wanted to loose weight, but this is a bit ridiculous! I know it's all water weight and most of it will be back soon, but it would be nice if it stayed away! I have not weighed this since before I got pregnant with Bethany...so even though the flu is horrible, there is a bright side :o).

Abbigail is away at a girl scout lock-in...it is so weird only having two kids here! Plus, I am officially done with the child-care thing. I will miss my CC families, but it will be nice once I have all the "baby" stuff put away and we can make the house our own once again.
Well all...I'm signing off for the night. Hopefully we are ALL DONE with the sickies for a LONG time! Please remember the Chapman family during this terribly hard time. I can't even imagine the pain they are enduring...I just can't imagine. My heart aches for them.

No comments: